What a beautiful Christmas...whew!

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by ozteach, Dec 26, 2006.

1. ozteach

ozteach Comrade

Dec 26, 2006

Lovely weather - not too hot which is a big problem usually! Our first Christmas without my brother was not a tragic remembrance but a celebration of family and joy. Bring on 2007 - it's going to be better!

Hope everyone else who celebrates this day found peace and joy.

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 26, 2006

I have 3 small kids, so I'm not sure "peace" is the right word.

But it was a wonderful Christmas, one that I'll always remember.

4. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Dec 26, 2006

I actually had a pretty crappy Christmas. lol

I was sick in bed all day and didn't move other than to run to the bathroom. :( My wonderful fiance brought all of the gifts into the bedroom, though, so that we could exchange them there. Then, he went to visit with my family to bring them the cheesecake we had bought for dessert and to explain to them why I wasn't able to come. He actually spent about 2 1/2 hours with my aunts, uncles, and cousins and I'm pretty sure he made their day when he told them that he chose to visit with them rather than his own family. I wish I could've been there, but it really did make me happy knowing that he was comfortable enough to go visit my extended family without me.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 26, 2006

I'm so sorry to hear that Beth. How are you doing today?

6. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Dec 26, 2006

I'm definitely better today, but still not feeling 100%. I am subbing at the after school program where I used to work and have to be there by 9:30, though. I was going to call and tell my boss I couldn't be there, but since I'm feeling better I'm going to try to make it. If not, I'll just come home.

7. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Dec 26, 2006

OH yuck working and sick not good. You should stay home.
    Sorry you were sick. I didn't feel good at all yesterday either. But didn't have to run to the bathroom. I just felt sick to my stomach for most of the day.

8. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Dec 26, 2006

This is surely a Christmas I will remember. I accidentally threw $50 in the trash (it was in an envelope taped on the OUTSIDE of a big brown package). The envelope was marked with my name and address and was taped in the center of the package so I had no clue that it was anything more than an address label. So when I called my mom 2 days later and told her that I recieved the package but not the money for my son (her gift to him) she started screaming at me. I acted like I still has the paper that the package was wrapped in, but actually my husband, son and I had to go outside and dig in the dumpsters and find our garbage bags and search through them. Luckily, we found the money!

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 27, 2006

Wow, that's a story your family will repeat for the next 15 years!! I'm so glad you found it!! And also so glad that you live in the Southeast-- it would have been a lot tougher in those dumpsters if you had been, say, in Denver, buried under 2 feet of snow!

10. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 27, 2006

I am so glad you found it, too. I have been awake since pre-dawn hours trying to figure out where a box of several presents went. Every year, it seems, I lose some gifts before they are even wrapped. It is very frustrating. I need to find a way to let it go, which won't be easy. One of them was a $50 gift card. arggggghhhhhhh...

11. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 27, 2006

I had a great Christmas........ the next day ( and today) me and the hubby have a nasty stomach virus....we only have one bathroom in the house which kind of creates a BIG problem, but so far we have managed. I am better today... hubby is still recovering...

Oh well.... at least we got to spend the day together... even if it was less than romantic.

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 27, 2006

I'm so sorry!! (We can assume you didn't have Taco Bell for Christmas, right??)

Feel better!

13. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 27, 2006

No Taco Bell:p :eek: Now my father in law has it... the culprit was my niece.....

14. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 27, 2006

Sorry to everyone that is/recovering from being sick. I know our lil' ones have some type of cold bug!!! Now we're crossing our fingers we don't get it!!!

We had a GREAT Christmas...hubby SPOILED ME ROTTEN this year & so did our lil' ones!!!

15. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 27, 2006

My 4 year old has developed a wicked cough. Enough that as soon as she lies down it kicks in. At about 11 pm last night, I woke her up for some cough medicine. (Her yelling and screaming woke up her sister, of course :( ) Then I brought her down on the couch and put her up on my shoulder, letting gravity do its work. She finally stopped coughing (or I woke up from a light sleep; I'm not sure which) at about 2 am.

Then, of course, her brother had a bad dream and woke me up at 5 am. Not the most restful of nights, but that's OK.

16. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 27, 2006

Alice you sound like me the past few nights. I hold the lil one to help the breathing & end up getting very little sleep because every little move wakes me!!!

17. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Dec 27, 2006

It was actually pretty funny. When Brian woke up, he was too frightened to stay in his room alone. So I gave him my bed; I figured the girls would be up in an hour or so anyway. I slept that last hour and a half on the couch. (WHy it didn't occur to me to take his bed, I have no idea :) )

18. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Dec 27, 2006

Sorry to hear that some of you were sick. There is soooo much of that going around this area. Our little grandson hasn't felt good lately and did some coughing at Christmas, but he had fun(got a new drum set!!!!!!!!,) with a tiny stool and all. He slept with the drum sticks!

19. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Dec 27, 2006

Oh..........too cute to mention, Grammy!!!!!!!:love:

20. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Dec 27, 2006

It was adorable...on Tuesday he was going to sit down on his little stool and perform and he fell off it! He was so embarrassed, he ran right into the kitchen by me and hid his head and sobbed. I told him it was o.k. and that I have fallen off my stool, too(hehehe!) He felt better after that! He always makes sure I take my glasses off when I lay down by him for a nap and now he pretends to wear glasses and takes his off at nap time, too! He is at the cutest age.

21. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 28, 2006

You sound like my mom...she keeps wanting to get a drum set....I told her it will stay at her house. We did get a little leap frog drum you hit with your hands and it does the alphabet and maracas (sp?)!!!

Your grandson's sickness sounds like what we have here!!! I feel so bad with nothing much we can do!!!

22. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Dec 28, 2006

We are used to lots of musical noise at our house(from our own kids when they were home yet!) However, the drum set is at his dad's house! I think I'm glad!
    We had such a wonderful time together. Our family extends beyond our immediate so we end up with several friends every year. They all call us "their family," and we are touched by their warmth. The gift giving is simple and the food is plentiful. OUr oldest son took on all the cooking this year...and he cleaned and decorated his house for days...
    My husband has the BIG BAD FLU right now and missed work today. I feel so bad for him. That is yucky stuff.