WGU students!

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by scienceteach82, Sep 4, 2008.

1. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Sep 4, 2008

Hello :)

I am in the middle of completing my EWB class. Is there a test on this stuff? I have been breezing through the modules...but should I go back and watch the videos? most of that stuff I know.

Also...my mentor has yet to contact me to do my AAV. He sucks. I sent him 2 emails, and he hasn't replied in 3 days! I complained to the community leader for EWB...lol

Anyway...how is everyone doing with their program? I am MAT science.

3. Ms Z

Ms Z Companion

Sep 4, 2008

Hi
    Im going into my 4th term at WGU, Im glad to see that your on here.. Im am still receiving my BA but if you have questions and I can answer I will try my best.. there are a few of us here. and everyone is very helpful.. also if you google WGU student hall you will find a community of us...

4. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Sep 4, 2008

5. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Sep 4, 2008

I did not speak to my mentor until a week after EWB ended or the day it ended... i dont remember. 3 days isn't bad.. .especially after a 3 day weekend. I had a mentor that took weeks to get back to me - I have since changed mentors - remember that at the beginning of the month the mentors are working on setting up AAV for their current students. So they are very busy the first week or so. If they don;t start picking up I would voice a concern, but not yet. It will be ok. =)

Student Hall is AWESOME, especially for teaching students.

6. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Sep 4, 2008

lol...just a bit frantic...my first class and I just want everything to be ok...hehe

thanks for the info :)

7. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Sep 4, 2008

as long as you're on top of it then you're good.. i'm doing my student teaching right now and have loved WGU... i didnt realise how much it prepared me until i got here.. and i'm in an old program where you do not have preclinical experiences which would have been an even bigger help. GOOD LUCK!

8. Ms Z

Ms Z Companion

Sep 5, 2008

I agree im going to thave the pre clinical experience . I have heard there is a whole lot less work..

9. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Sep 11, 2008

The books are very expensive. Is it ok to buy an older version?

10. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Sep 11, 2008

They aren't any more expensive than any other college... but you dont need all the books to complete the classes... i would ask around student hall to figure out what was most beneficial... get old books, sometimes last editions are OK but remember they wont go along with your course of study.
    I RARELY bought any the books. one or two per competency if that.. Slavin's Educational Psychology was awesome and usefull for a TON of classes. Other than that i think i got history books and a biology book.