Western Governors University

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Ms Z, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Ms Z

Ms Z Companion

Feb 21, 2007

Hi,
    I just heard of this school Western Governors University has anyone else had any experiences with this school? i think this is the first online school that you can get a B.A in education:eek: . and your required to do 12 weeks of student teaching. does anyone have any ideas on this school should I do it? is it a good idea? i have to work full time and have a 2 year old to take care of:eek:

3. Cateacher2b

Cateacher2b Companion

Feb 21, 2007

WGU

I received my BA in elementary education from WGU. I am currently working on my Masters in Secondary Mathematics. I worked full time teaching while I was attending classes. I also have a 12 yr old son who is in sports so I needed a school that I could do online and WGU fit that bill. My advisor was great and Im back fr my second degree. Please ask me any specific questions and I will be glad to anwer them

4. Zanadu

Zanadu Companion

Feb 22, 2007

YES!!

I'm so glad I saw this! I am currently thinking of switching schools. Actually I've been agonizing over it. The school I attend now, University of Phoenix, offers only elementary and secondary MA degrees. I really, really want to focus on middle school (5-9). I've looked hard at WGU and have reconciled myself to the fact that for a Masters I will have to write many papers to show my competency in certain areas since they won't take my credits. But what I haven't been able to get any information on is the capstone project. Do you have any idea what is involved in that?

5. Ms Z

Ms Z Companion

Feb 22, 2007

I wish i could teach right away. but in NYS you need a BA to get anywere near a school...
    smcneely.... The only thing i can tell you is to call an admissions advisor, go to the web site... the staff there are very open and will share all the info with you.... Im attracted to this school because it is the first to recieve NCATE Accreditation