Western Governor's University

Discussion in 'Student & Preservice Teachers' started by cali*teacher, Oct 17, 2010.

1. cali*teacher

cali*teacher Companion

Oct 17, 2010

I am getting a little fed up with the program I am in currently and have been thinking of making the switch to WGU. If I had known about it first I might have started out with it. I am in CA. What do you all think about WGU? I like that I could still continue in WGU if I needed to move back to my home state. Right now I'm tied to the program I am in based in CA.

3. MrMarblesTI

MrMarblesTI Rookie

Oct 20, 2010

I don't know much about WGU, so I can't really help you there. But what are the differences between the program at WGU and the one you're currently in? Why do you want to switch?

4. tortega

tortega Rookie

Nov 11, 2010

I am very pleased with WGU!

5. SunnyGal

SunnyGal Companion

Nov 12, 2010

I am scheduled to finish up an MEd program with WGU in March. I have enjoyed it and have found that it really doesn't take up THAT much of my time. Yes, I have to set aside time to study and write my papers, but it's so much less demanding than other schools I could have used.

6. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Nov 12, 2010

I have heard good things about this school, even though I don't know much about it. Do you know of a link or a way I can find out if my state honors online degrees from WGU? I've been toying with starting my Master's this summer. Bowling Green (Greene?) University is also on my list....

7. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

Nov 12, 2010

What about Marygrove College? They have an online MAT for students that are already teachers.

8. milteachwife

milteachwife Rookie

Dec 11, 2010

I like WGU. They have a really great program. I'm a SAHM of 4 kids (2-8). We are a military family. I'm completing the program at my own slower pace. The program is challenging, but flexibile. During my program I have had a baby, my husband has been on a year-long deployment, and we have moved from one state to another. I have passed all of my teacher prep tests for 2 states without a problem. I was very prepared because of WGU.