Went to school today

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teachgrade5, Jul 26, 2011.

1. teachgrade5

teachgrade5 Comrade

Jul 26, 2011

Did I accomplish much? Nope!! Did I catch up on all the changes going on in our school by talking to a fellow teacher for about an hour and half instead of working in my room? Yep!!!:blush:

I guess I did get my computer up and running. I checked my Promethean Board and it still works....thank goodness. You never know what will happen over the summer with technology. I also made a long list of everything I need to work on next week.

Oh yeah, I got to see next year's class (which I will be meeting in just over 2 weeks) state testing results!! Whoa boy!! Lots and lots of work ahead this school year to get them passing. Thank goodness they have improved since 3rd grade, and most of them are "right there" at the cut off of passing. Our 4th grade teachers worked their butts off to improve these students even more from 3rd grade. Still lots of work ahead of me this year.

I guess I need to get into "teacher" mode since I have been lazy all summer. I love teaching, so I guess I really need to get moving!:)

3. 5leafclover

5leafclover Companion

Jul 26, 2011

I'm moving to 5th this year and so I've been going in for a few hours a day a few days a week and trying to get started on organizing my new room and it's been tough! We don't get our class lists until the day before school starts usually though. We start in late August so hopefully I can pull it together and get in teacher mode by then!

4. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jul 26, 2011

Summer camp ends August 18th so I have to wait until then since they're using my classroom as a place to do stuff. Wondering what horrible mess I'll come into :(

I find that when I first go into my classroom, I get nothing done that first day. I sorta just like to sit and think of ideas on what I would like to do.

5. TeachinHicks

TeachinHicks Comrade

Jul 26, 2011

I went today too with big plans of what needed done. I got to school to find out they waxed the floors in our hall this past weekend and I can't get in until at least tomorrow. boo!

6. melissa803

melissa803 Comrade

Jul 27, 2011

I love those days! One of the things I love about teaching is starting the new year: catching up with people, fresh school supplies, implementing new ideas...

7. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 27, 2011

I went into the room today for about three hours... talked for maybe about 15 minutes. I was a good girl.

It was day one, so now the room is an insane mess. However, I am definitely getting a vision of what I want. I am also pitching a lot of things. That feels AMAZING!!!!

8. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 27, 2011

I actually got a lot done today. There was no one on my hall to talk to :thumb:. I plan to go back Friday to get even more done. Pre-planning starts Monday!!!!!!

9. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2011

I have another week before I get back. All meetings the week of the 8th, and setting up my room. Can you believe we are starting yet another year? This summer has zoomed by.

10. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 27, 2011

Me too! It's so refreshing.

11. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Jul 27, 2011

I've been pretty productive! I've almost got my room together. I've gotten the 1st week of copies complete.
    I've got lesson plan skeletons for the 1st 9 weeks in science and math.

I've been tutoring in my room for a few weeks and now I'm got the urge to work so I've been staying a few hours each day. We go back on the 15th of August so I'm a bit ahead. I like this feeling.

12. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 27, 2011

Nobody was on my hall today, either.

I am looking forward to getting more done.

13. mb_teacher

mb_teacher Companion

Jul 27, 2011

I'm jealous. I don't know when I can get into my room. I have no tile. They were hoping to have the new tile available today or tomorrow, but who knows. (The original tile, we just found out, is now indefinitely been backordered. It's been a fiasco.)

Anyway, as soon as the tile is in, I can move in. Until then, I'm trying not to stress! :) Especially since my room is the only one without tile in the 4th grade wing! haha All my coworkers are getting their rooms done. Ahh, the joys of teaching!

You guys have fun in your rooms though. I'm jealous!

14. jeeskenj

jeeskenj Rookie

Jul 28, 2011

:dizzy:It is so nice to hear that I am not alone! I go to school and getting NOTHING DONE! But it happens every year to me! I socialize, I get overwhelmed, my rooms gets messy and I get crabby!! I cant sleep because I have tons of ideas going through my head- then get to school and dont know where to begin!!! Plus this year I am moving rooms! YIKES!!!!:dizzy:

15. MzMooreTeaches

MzMooreTeaches Cohort

Jul 28, 2011

That sounds like what my first day in the room is going to look like teachgrade5. I'm going in tomorrow and hopefully I can get some things done. I can't wait to see who I have in my class! Feels just like when I was growing up waiting to see what classmates I have.

For 2 weeks I have said I'm going to do some work in prep for school and I have done absolutely nothing! Lazy days of summer!

16. TeachinHicks

TeachinHicks Comrade

Jul 28, 2011

I went back again today...at least I got in the building this time. I unloaded all the treasures I've purchased over the summer for my room, and decided to go check in with my P. As I was catching up with her, the maintenance man comes in and says we're waxing the floors again starting today...:( so now I just have a bigger mess in my room. I certainly hope I can get in next week!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: