Well, That Sucked!

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Suburban Gal, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Suburban Gal

Suburban Gal (formerly Elizabeth) Banned

Apr 20, 2007

On April 20th I get a call from D113 (a township high school district) asking me to substitute Social Studies a whole month in advance because something special was going on and the subs were needed in full force. (There were supposed to be nothing but subs in both buildings.) I said said and received a call a week later reminding me of today's work. I thought evrything was okay and didn't hear anything agin until 2 days ago. Lori, the sub caller, just wanted to make sure I didn't forget about today so I re-assured her I'd be there at 8:15 with bells on.

Well, my phone rings at 6:47 AM and Lori tells me there's no calls today so I'm not to come in. That'd be great if I didn't have a couple of calls prior to that asking me to come in elsewhere. So, I wound up being out of a job today. :mad: :(

Boy, does that really suck. I'll never take another job this far in adavnce with this district ever again.

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Apr 20, 2007

Sorry Elizabeth! I think it's happened to all of us at one time or another...

Tomorrow ( at least Monday) is another day!

4. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

Apr 22, 2007

That really sucks. I received a call one week in advance and they told me not to bother coming in. Luckily I got another call.

5. Mldouglas

Mldouglas Comrade

Apr 25, 2007

I had a similar situation!!

I had a somewhat similar situation. I work in three different districts and my phone is always ringing off the hook for jobs. Anyway, I accepted a three day assignment in one of my districts. Then I went on the two other schools websites and turned down a one day assignment in one district and a two day assignment in the other district. I did this all in one night then when I was at my evening job the following night I got a call cancelling the assignment. Luckily between the three districts I was able to pick up jobs for two of the three days. But I was steamed because one of the original jobs I turned down was a two day assignment in a class that I absolutely loved subbing in.

Marci D.

6. Shane Steinmetz

Shane Steinmetz Rookie

Apr 29, 2007

Maybe for every cancellation you get from the school system, you should tally that up as cancellations you can make.

(Tee hee!)