Well, I'm out of the running...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mommyserenity, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Apr 2, 2009

Principal just called to say that they have been interviewing all week this week (my interview isn't until 4/13) and they think they have found the candidate for the open position I was to interview for etc.. :( She has offered to interview me for any *future* spots. Guess I should take that and just suck it up to an interview experience.

3. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Apr 2, 2009

Oh My GOSH!!!!

Wow... I am amazed.

In this day and age-with the over-saturation of teaching candidates out there...and then they choose one before they saw all their choices.

Hmmm....

was she just that amazing?

was she very good (one of their top choices), and mentioned having another offer?

was the administrator tired/bored of interviewing?

was it a relative of someone and they HAD to choose the candidate?

was it already decided and they were just gong through the motions?

Huh...never thought I'd hear that. Do NOT take it personally, and YES, take the other spots-you MUST be a decent candidate for them to KEEP you in the running and not say-ok, good-bye!

If you get a chance to interview again-pick an early interview slot...who KNOWS with this administrator!

Pssssst : and if you get the job... let us know about the winner of that job position!

4. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Apr 2, 2009

One day before an interview 2 years ago I read in the paper that the district had too many teachers and wouldn't be hiring any more. This was right before I was going in for an interview. They hired me that day, anyway. You never know!

5. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Apr 2, 2009

Yeah, I am still scratching my head over it all. The job got posted last Thursday and I applied. Got a call the next day to come in for an interview. They did not offer any days this week. Every date they offered was for the week after spring break and so I took the first available slot at 8:30am on the 13th.

6. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 2, 2009

I'm sorry Mommyserenity. That's strange. But definitely still go for the interview so that you'll be at the top of the list if another position opens up.

7. AFWifeinUtah

AFWifeinUtah Comrade

Apr 2, 2009

I had this happen to me at the beginning of the school year. It was an hour before my interview and I was called and told not to come in. I hope to see more spots open this year. Still go to the interview and do your best to "wow" them knowing there is not a job at that time. It's very possible something there will open up and you will pop into their minds. Sorry to hear you didn't get it.

8. Historygeek

Historygeek Companion

Apr 2, 2009

Don't Give up!! GO in there and wow them - you can do it, yes you can!!

9. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Apr 2, 2009

Definitely don't give up!

10. palla

palla Companion

Apr 2, 2009

Oh that stinks!! I am sorry that happened to you, but please interview. You never know if the candidate will actually work out.

Guess this helps answer McKenna's post about which time slot to pick. Maybe being first is the answer.

11. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 2, 2009

That stinks, but don't give up! I agree that you need to go in there and wow them :D