Welcome Letter to Parents

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Mini14, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Mini14

Mini14 New Member

Nov 1, 2006

The principal of the school that I will be starting a long term sub job for wants me to write a welcome letter to the parents introducing myself...I will be meeting the parents for the first time on Monday, so she wants to send this out Friday....what should I say?? I have never done this before!!

3. AngelEyes

AngelEyes Rookie

Nov 1, 2006

Here's what I would write:

Dear Parent/Guardian

As you may already know, Mrs. _________ will be taking some time off for medical reasons. During this time I will be her substitute teacher, so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ms._____ and I am a first year substitute. I graduated from ______ University with a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education in May of this year. I am married and I enjoy knitting, tennis, and going to church. I have lived in ____town all my life and attended ______ high school.
    Now that you know a little about me, I'd love to meet you in person! Please feel free to stop by during my planning period (1:00-1:35pm daily) or after school until 3:30 pm. You may call my cell number below if you have any questions or concerns outside of these hours.
    I consider it a privilege to be your child's teacher for the next several weeks and I hope to meet you soon!

Sincerely,
    Ms. _____________
    (112) 555-9999
    imasub@aol.net

I would think a brief, to the point, friendly note would be sufficient. Of course, if you don't actually want to have the parents come in, you could just leave that part out or mention an upcoming parents night or something...