Weirdest behavioral issue / referral

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ms.irene, Jun 1, 2015.

1. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2015

Spin-off from the crusty thong thread...

What is your weirdest behavioral issue/referral for this year? Here's my winner:

A student comes back to my room at lunch and picks up an item off the floor under his seat. Making conversation, I ask him what it is (my view of the area was blocked by my desk and his desk). He holds up a lighter and says, "A lighter." I ask him to give it to me and he says: "I can't give it to you because I stole it from my mom." I say he has to give it to me anyways, and he does. I then ask him why he has it, and he looks me in the eye and says, "I like to burn stuff."

:eek:

I've had more colorful issues in years past, but this year has been relatively tame...

3. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jun 1, 2015

Aw, does it have to be this year?

I went on maternity leave in 2010 for the month of May. I had an older lady for a sub. I found out when I returned that one of my angels had something making noise in his desk, and when she investigated found it was a long...shaft-like...device...that vibrates. She didn't know what it was. She took it to the next door teacher and that teacher about fell over. Thank goodness the school year was over. The worst part was-I am good friends with the kid's parents. :eek:

4. comaba

comaba Cohort

Jun 1, 2015

So glad you didn't stick to this year! That's hilarious!!! :lol::lol::lol:

5. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2015

Definitely doesn't have to be this year. A vibrator in the desk...

6. daisycakes

daisycakes Companion

Jun 1, 2015

I was grading in my room after school with my door open. A random student I did not know ran into my room screaming and picked up chairs and started throwing them, all while shrieking at the top of her lungs. She had orange highlighter all over her face. I screamed at her and she ran out into the hall, still yelling.

She was later expelled for having drugs in her locker.

7. ms.irene

ms.irene Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2015

Meth? That sounds terrifying.

8. kellzy

kellzy Comrade

Jun 2, 2015

Just today. I had a kid who pulled his shirt down far enough in the neck and asked several other children to touch his nipple before I managed to get him to stop.