Weird question about application

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by Schuyler, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Schuyler

Schuyler Comrade

Feb 24, 2007

Some of the applications I am filling out ask you to complete an essay on a separate page in YOUR OWN HANDWRITING. The applications are on regular white paper and have to be hand-written, so I've been writing the essays on blank white paper as well. I feel like it should match the application since it is a part of it.

Do you think it would be better to use resume paper? My resume paper is ivory so it wouldn't match the application and I wouldn't be able to see through it to copy over lines. Also, it seems weird to handwrite on resume paper.

Any thoughts? TIA!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 24, 2007

I think that ink adheres better to plain white paper. Also, plain white is probably easier to read. You don't want to distract from the brilliance of your answers :)

Good luck!

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Feb 24, 2007

I say plain white.

5. Schuyler

Schuyler Comrade

Feb 24, 2007

Thanks for your feedback! I appreciate it.

6. allisonbeth

allisonbeth Comrade

Feb 25, 2007

Just an idea...
    I had attended quite a few interviewing seminars where the speaker (usually a superintendent or principal) recommended scanning the application into your word processing program and then typing in the information. Then, handwrite only your essay, signature.
    I changed jobs last year (had been part time while my children were young and needed to change districts to find a full time position) and submitted mainly word processed forms. Nobody complained and in all three of my interviews, people commented on my neat applications.
    It can be tough to get the application scanned/ printed (especially applications with logos or weird colored paper) however KINKOS can help. I got a job in NY where there seems to be 100s of people applying for each teaching position so I knew I needed to go the extra mile.

7. stephanie90102

stephanie90102 Rookie

Feb 25, 2007

I know that some districts have been known to do a handwriting analysis. I don't know how often that happens, but it was mentioned duringa seminar I went to on finding a job.

8. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 25, 2007

I suspect that districts also want to know that the writing is yours.