Weird Obsession w/ This Person!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 13, 2011

(Excuse the pun, but) I'm hooked/slightly crushing on...Johnny Weir. I've always loved watching figure skating in general, I go to the Stars on Ice shows regularly, & never cared for Weir either way, until about a week ago when I was flipping channels & stumbled across his reality show & I've been strangely hooked on him ever since & have looked up all the videos of him I can find (TV interviews especially).

Although he's known to be flamboyant, I see this gentle, modest, down to earth boyish charm about him that I like. I also think he's good looking & of course a great skater.

Coincidentally, my BF doesn't look like him, but does have dark hair & the same body type & height (5'9" about 140 pounds).
    The only other time I've felt this way about anyone in the public eye was a longtime pre-teen/early teen crush I had on Michael J. Fox.

BTW, does anyone know how I can find a video of a Howard Stern interview (not just an audio)? I don't like Stern, but he interviewed Weir in Jan.

3. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 13, 2011

lol. I know he is going to be a guest judge on RuPaul's Drag Race, also on LOGO, tomorrow night. We love LOGO and I have caught his show a few times. It makes me laugh.

4. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Mar 13, 2011

Johnny Weir is a little b*tchy. I'm definitely watch the show, though. His life isn't quite as glamorous as I would have expected. He has a lot of alone time and he seems a bit lonely.

Wow...did I just publicly admit that I like the show? :eek:

5. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Mar 13, 2011

:lol: Your obsession is definitely weird. I don't get it at all.

Then again, I have a major (huge, enormous, gargantuan) thing for Professor Snape. Not Alan Rickman, but Professor Snape.

YUM.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 13, 2011

:lol: Ceaser!!

I think Johnny Weir is a little out there for my taste.

7. porque_pig

porque_pig Comrade

Mar 13, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQfL2c_QhjU

It never gets old. Ever.

8. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 13, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4 I thought it was going to be this one...

Snape, snape, severus snape...

I used to have a crush on the fox from the Disney Robin Hood. But I was like 7. lol. And I still :love: Jake Ryan.

I find I have more girl crushes now that I am older. My bf and I were just talking about how Nigella could come and live with us.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 13, 2011

silverspoon65, I never watch the Logo channel other than Weir's show & I'm definitely not into the whole drag queen stuff, but I'll watch that 1 episode since he'll be on, thanks.

YoungTeacherGuy, yes, I like how realistic his show portrays him. The lonliness, etc. makes him more relatable & down to earth to me. That's one of the things I like about him.

It is a strange addiction in my opinion too which I don't know how it happened either. I feel that if I ever met him in person, we'd be good friends, not that I necessarily agree with certain things about him. He seems like a really nice guy.

Caesar753, I've never heard of Professor Snape.

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 13, 2011

You could be his 'beard', Ms I, not that he needs one...I think the truth is 'out' about Mr Weir.

11. stargirl

stargirl Companion

Mar 13, 2011

This thread reminds me of the huge crush I had on Paul Wylie during (and for some time after) the 1992 Olympics. I was thrilled when he won the silver medal.
    I also had a bit of a crush on the ice-dancing team of Jayne Torvill/Christopher Dean. I'm too young to remember anything about the '84 Olympics when they won their gold medal, but I loved, loved, loved their routine during the '94 Olympics (and still think the judges unfairly gave them the bronze instead of the gold!).

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 13, 2011

czacza, yes, I know he's gay. I wish he wasn't but...what can you do. He's said in interviews that when he was 6 & watched Pretty Woamn w/ family, he desperately wanted to be Julia ROberts & that was the beginning of him being different. (What's 'beard' have to do w/ it? Is that a term that's said when people crush on a gay person?)

Besides being a skater, he wrote a book & even recorded a song that was #1 in Japan.

stargirl, I also kinda liked Apollo Ohno too back when the Winter Olympics was last happening, but not as much as I seem to like Johnny Weir. Maybe if Ohno had a reality show where I could see more of his normal life, then I might like him better.

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 13, 2011

14. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Mar 13, 2011

Never heard of a beard...how did that term come to be?

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 13, 2011

czacza, well thanks for the link. I've never heard or read that term in my life. Regarding why I wish he wasn't, well, like I said, I think he's hot, so it's kinda like a bummer/let down that he is. You know, it's like when one finds out something about someone that they may not peronally agree w/ but because the person's crushing on him, one hopes it not to be so. :)

16. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 13, 2011

So he's a hot guy (your opinion) who happens to be gay. Wishing he wasn't is wishing he wasn't who he is.:(

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 15, 2011

I've seen many, many of his interviews now. He's really an intelligent, likeable, fearless person who's so much more than just a skater. I can't believe I want to buy his autobiography that came out this year. He likes to stay on the east coast. I'm on the west, but I'd love to see him perform & even meet him someday.

Woah, what has gotten into me!

18. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 15, 2011

He was a great judge on RuPaul last night - definitely one of the more vocal judges but he had great critique.

19. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 15, 2011

I"ll be DVRing it, so haven't seen it yet. WHen Skating w/ the Stars came out, I didn't know he was going to be a judge, otherwise, I would have watched.

These days, I'm trying to find this Howard Stern video where he interviews Weir. Does anyone know how to find Stern videos? I can only find audios?