Weight Loss Motivators/Inspiration

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jun 15, 2009.

1. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 6, 2009

I felt nauseous and I wanted to go home!!

2. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 6, 2009

Not a good day, eating wise today. Ugh!

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 9, 2009

I went to the gym this wk, but didn't stay as long as I wished I felt like staying. :(

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 9, 2009

Sometimes I feel like leaving after 30 minutes but I force myself to stay longer. My gym has tvs on each cardio machine so if I can find a really good show on tv that's an hour long that will help keep me there longer since I don't want to miss the end of the show by leaving early LOL

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 9, 2009

We have several TVs hanging from the gym ceiling that stay on 3 channels & we have no control over what to watch.

I should start getting ready to go soon!

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 9, 2009

We used to only have a few TVs on the wall. They updated the whole place and it's so much nicer.

7. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 9, 2009

I cheated 4 times this week:(. My friend posted some pictures of my in one of her Facebook albums (I untagged myself) and I was sooo upset about the way that I looked. It was a huge kick to my self-esteem... Yesterday, I started back on my healthy eating lifestyle.

8. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 9, 2009

The gym on the military base where I work has a TV and DVD player attached to every cardio machine they have. I don't usually watch TV when I work out though.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 9, 2009

Well, my gym needs to update their technology! I'm sure it will help me stay on the machine longer!

10. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 9, 2009

:hugs: Thats how I was with my pics from San Antonio.

11. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 10, 2009

Off to the gym! Let's do really well today ya'll and carry it through the weekend!

12. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 10, 2009

I was planning on going power walking with a friend today but it has been raining since last night. Now she wants to go for lunch:(. I'm going to be eating lunch at home before I meet her for "lunch". I haven't had a cup of coffee for weeks, so I'll have a cup while she eats:). I really don't trust myself to limit my food intake in a restaurant after the week that I have had this week.

13. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 10, 2009

I know what you mean Proud about trusting yourself. I plan on eating before the wedding reception on Sat.

Savor every sip of that coffee!!

14. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2009

Gee; I don't know how I missed this thread...22 pages!!!???!!!

I am just not motivated! I see Valerie Bertinelli (on TV) and am so impressed and proud of her. She worked out really hard to get to where she's at...and yet, that doesn't move me to do something for myself...I even purchased some Fiber Select Gummies at WalGreens and they actually helped curb my appetite and helped in the fiber dept.:blush: and my pants were beginning to loosen up! But family was visiting and I completely forgot about taking them. I'm due for a new bottle now. I have got to get back on my vitamins...I am really feeling blah. It's too hot to exercise, too hot to be outside, I hate gyms, yes, the excuses are just flying right now, aren't they? I just need to move this body.:unsure:

15. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2009

Proud; would you PM me and let me know how you untagged yourself?? Does that mean you "erased" the photos? My sister has a horrid picture of me (well; I think it's horrid).

16. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 10, 2009

I got up early today and went for a 30 minute walk. I also plan on going to the gym tonight. I'm going to lunch with a friend today so I'm looking online to see what low calorie options they have. I'll be happy if I can keep lunch under 400 calories. Less to work off at the gym LOL
    Last night I was on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes and the bike for 30 minutes. I got home dead tired!

17. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Jul 10, 2009

Well, last week I was on vacation & it rained & was cold for the most part. All I seemed to do was eat, drink & sleep. I did have a few opportunities were I was able to walk or play badminton but not enough to undue the damage.:(

So when I came back & saw that I was worse off, it was a wake up call. I'm going to the tropics in less than 2 weeks & I am determine to at least lose 10 pounds.

Last few days has worked out but it's hard. I'm doing the step up machine & walk 4 miles most days. I'm also staying off starch for now. I made home made vegetable soup & ate that for a while. I'm also eating yogurt, eggs, chicken & veggies. So far I've been able to lose 6 pounds. I still worried because it doesn't take much to gain it back in an instance.

Hang in there & let's support each other! Let's keep our focus!

18. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 10, 2009

You lost 6 pounds?!?! That is fantastic!!

Well I have been working out religiously since June 9th or 10th burning between 300 and 600 calories each visit to the gym. I've gone to the gym 21 times in 30 days. I've gained 2 pounds.

I am clinging to the fact that two people told me my butt looks better and my kids say I look better. I can tell in my rib area, butt, and sort of my arms. My husband said he can tell a little and gave me the old muscle weighs more than fat.

As I mentioned, 10 pounds was my goal but now it's 12. I long for the day my clothes are big.

On a good note, the running is going well and I have to believe I am doing good things for my health.

I'll probably really stock up on veggies at the store this weekend. I wish I could send some peaches to ya'll through the computer; I have about 300 on my tree.

19. Mrs.Sheila

Mrs.Sheila Cohort

Jul 10, 2009

What things make you want to lose weight?

Knowing I have already lost 74 pounds and just have 8 more to go to a GOOD goal! :) I can do it I can do it! I want it done BEFORE school starts this year so I can just maintain!

20. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2009

Wow, congratulations Mrs.Sheila! Now that I'm back from my vacation I have to start getting into weight loss mode again, so I'll be visiting this thread a lot more!

21. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 11, 2009

WOW CONGRATS!!! How long did it take you to lose 74 lbs? I have lost 37 lbs since the last week in March (gained 3 lbs this week:(). What motivates me is wanting to wear shorter shorts and maybe even a bathing suit in public next summer:p.

22. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 11, 2009

Has anyone tried the 30 day Shred? I started it today. It is TOUGH!

23. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 11, 2009

Is there a lot of jumping in it (I live in a condo on the 2nd floor)?

24. Mrs.Sheila

Mrs.Sheila Cohort

Jul 12, 2009

Thanks for the congrats!! Honestly, I would say about a year, BUT except for the last four pounds, I have just maintained since Christmas. I can't tell you the difference it made in my class last year, and I know the difference it will continue to make this year! Exciting stuff! I love being able to run further and longer then my class of 3 and 4 year olds! LOL:woot:

Thank you so much!! :eek: It is so hard restarting after vacation!! You can do it though, just remember YOUR worth every ounce of effort it will take!:thumb:

25. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

congrats you all. I just gained another pound.

26. Mrs.Sheila

Mrs.Sheila Cohort

Jul 12, 2009

Awww. I hate when the scale plays the "yoyo" game!! I am sure youll be down that one plus more in no time!

27. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 12, 2009

My BF & I had a nice day out yesterday! One of the things we did was go to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. restaurant, which I always wanted to try. The food was great, if you like shrimp & I do, but I don't eat it very often at all. I had to try their Clam Chowder, my fave soup & it was good! I also got this platter that had a few of 4 diff shrimp: Coconut fried (very good), tempura (good), shrimp cocktail (good), & regular fried (good).

My BF had the Dixie fish sandwich, which I should have gotten. For two of us, the bill was $75, which it's never that high for just the 2 of us, but we wanted to treat ourselves & we got 2 bread puddings to-go. We never really get dessert in general.

That's the only thing I ate yesterday & I'm proud of myself for not stuffing myself! :D

28. smalltowngal

Jul 12, 2009

I haven't lost any weight per say, but I've noticed a change in my body. No sodas for almost 2 weeks.

29. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

My butt is definitely different!

30. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 12, 2009

Well, I've only started level 1 but so far you have to do jumping jacks, jump rope (w/o the rope lol), and butt kicks. I'm working out on carpeted floors so it doesn't seem like I'd be making much noise. If you have uncarpeted floors they might notice downstairs unless you are pretty light on your feet.

31. Mrs.Sheila

Mrs.Sheila Cohort

Jul 12, 2009

That is an amazing feat! Starting tomorrow I am trying to go all water (with only exeption is Chrystal light) for an entire week. That means NO coffee, NO diet sodas. :) I know I can do it, you have given me the inspiration since you did it!

32. smalltowngal

Jul 12, 2009

Your welcome Sheila!!! It's been tough. I used to drink 5-6 daily. I tried drinking one the other day and it hurt my stomache. Good luck!!

33. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Jul 12, 2009

Hope its ok I'm posting here...

I am broke and it stinks BUT the good thing is that I have no money for fast food and really have to plan my meals - I have lost 15lbs in the last month and a half, completely unexpected. Now that I have lost some weight I really want to continue (I still have about 65 lbs to lose) and I'm a little excited.

I am going to start working out this week - I have the 30 Day Shred and tried it once but I am too out of shape to finish it. I'm going to start by using Walk Away the Pounds DVD's.

34. Major

Major Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2009

We just stepped out of the hot tub...... after a pitcher of so of margaritas...... so forgive me lemon...... Exactly how is your butt different??........ Pictures would be fine........:lol::lol::lol:

Major.........:hugs:

35. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2009

Tomorrow I'm starting my diet again. Hopefully I can stick to it this time!

36. smalltowngal

Jul 12, 2009

:lol: Major...would you prefer before and after pics?

37. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 12, 2009

I don't allow myself drink anything else until I have drank at least 8 cups of water (except on Sundays when I allow myself a cup of tea with breakfast).

38. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

Jul 12, 2009

My dog is siting by the door whining and looking sad. She's upset because I put on my work out clothes, but then realized my iPod was dead, so I sat back down and hopped on AtoZ while it charges. She was so excited at tthe thought of going outside for a walk.

39. Major

Major Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2009

Absolutely... before AND after........:p:p:p

40. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 13, 2009

Same here, back to the gym tomorrow!