Weekend wonderings

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by happygirl444, Nov 6, 2021.

1. happygirl444

happygirl444 Rookie

Nov 6, 2021

1. What is your favorite season and why?
    2. Who is someone outside your family who you are particularly thankful for and why?
    3. What is your favorite sundae topping?
    4. What is something small you are looking forward to this weekend or coming week?
    5. What colors do you like in your closet?

3. happygirl444

happygirl444 Rookie

Nov 6, 2021

1. Fall...I love the leaves and crisp weather!
    2. I am thankful for my husband's boss who has become my good friend. She is so encouraging and uplifting. She is like my personal cheerleader.
    3. Hot fudge!
    4. I always look forward to a cup of coffee in the early afternoon. It is small but lovely!
    5. I have a lot of neutrals--black, white, tan, navy, etc. I should mix it up more.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  4. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Connoisseur

Nov 6, 2021

1. Summer because the sun is up for a really long time. It never gets hot here. ( Just comfortable!)
    2. I have a best friend who is a gem. She is smart, kind, and hilarious. She knows how to fix about anything. Even if she doesn't know how, she'll take it apart and figure it out if she can.
    Once in awhile, she'll decide something might take too long and knows who to take it to that knows how already.
    3. I love hot fudge too and pecans. About once every 5 years, I buy a jar of it. :)
    4. We are having a family get together.
    5. I like bright colors like teal, dark pink, and a bright blue color. There is a certain shade of purple I like too.

5. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Nov 6, 2021

1. Summer. The weather here is generally pleasant (not too hot/humid) and I like the longer days, plus having no school helps of course!
    2. I have a teammate who is really my only close friend at my current school. There are other people who are "friendly acquaintances" but no one else that I'm super close to. It makes work much more bearable to have a "real" friend there!
    3. I'm not a big sundae person at all; if I were choosing it's never the dessert I would choose. I'll go non-traditional and say oreos.
    4. You said small, so I'll go with my plans to try one of the new Starbucks holiday drinks on Monday morning.
    5. I have a lot of red and blue. A couple of years ago I distinctly remember telling myself I was not allowed to buy one more blue item.

6. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Nov 6, 2021

1. Spring...the weather hasn;t gottrn summer hot yet but everything is blooming, the rainy season is starting and things are bright and cheery.
    2. I have to take a pass on this one because we are not close to anyone outside our family. My husband has aspergers and has never been sociable much outside the family. After being married for 38 years, I am used to the lack of non family contacts.
    3. Hot fudge and strawberries
    4. My daughter works at Epcot and we are headed to the latest Festival there this week. She is looking forward to going as a tourist, not a cast member.
    5. I like any bright colors. I don't think I even own any black or brown.

7. Colliemom

Colliemom Rookie

Nov 6, 2021

1. Fall! I love the cool weather, wearing my flannel shirts, and the changing trees.
    2. My best friend. We taught together for many years and enjoy each other’s company in retirement.
    3. Hot fudge, pecans, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. Need them all!
    4. Everyone in my family having a good week.
    5. Black, gray, purple, pink, raspberry.

8. stargirl

stargirl Comrade

Nov 6, 2021

1. I love both the fall and spring seasons. I find both exhilarating, for different reasons. However, I'm currently living in a year round warm place so it's basically summertime all year round....
    2. Right now I'm grateful for a co-worker, my grade level teammate right across the hall from me. We are both newbies at this school, and it's really nice to have a colleague I feel comfortable with.
    3. I don't eat ice cream that often, and I can't remember the last time I had a sundae but my favorite topping is rainbow colored sprinkles.
    4. Looking forward to my Zappos order that should be delivered tomorrow. Hope my new shoes fit and I don't need to return!
    5. I like navy, black, and gray, which makes me sound really boring fashion wise, but I look for clothes that are a bit different or just the slightest bit edgy while still being classic enough and not too trendy or boring.

9. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Nov 7, 2021

1. Fall! Love the leaves changing and cooler weather. My two big dogs are much more active in colder weather as we have hot, humid summers. I also like fall clothes.
    2. I have a great friend I met my first year of teaching. We have some yearly traditions we love and she is great to chat with.
    3. Caramel and peanuts with a dash of hot fudge.
    4. Spending two days with my one year old granddaughter.
    5. Mauve, grey and silvery blue.

10. Mikecoffee

Mikecoffee Rookie

Dec 18, 2021

I’ll only answer one. I wear red as much as I can.

stargirl and Colliemom like this.
  11. whizkid

whizkid Connoisseur

Dec 19, 2021

Winter, because of Christmas
    My friend, she's a wonderful person.
    Hot fudge
    A nap
    Blue and white

12. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Dec 20, 2021

1. What is your favorite season and why?
    I like the cooler weather and colorful leaves of fall.
    2. Who is someone outside your family who you are particularly thankful for and why?
    I’m thankful for my BFF. We have been friends since we were 12, and we are still as close as ever.
    3. What is your favorite sundae topping?
    Pineapple, but it’s hard to find.
    4. What is something small you are looking forward to this weekend or coming week?
    Tea with my book club.
    5. What colors do you like in your closet?
    Jewel Tones & Black & Gray

13. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Dec 21, 2021

1. What is your favorite season and why? Summer. It's hot, it's bright, plants are growing, you can barbecue and go swimming and camping.
    2. Who is someone outside your family who you are particularly thankful for and why? I have a neighbor who is just on top of everything.
    3. What is your favorite sundae topping? Nuts.
    4. What is something small you are looking forward to this weekend or coming week? Next weekend is my in-laws' family party and it's always good.
    5. What colors do you like in your closet? Green