WEDNESDAY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by hdmeza, Jul 30, 2007.

1. hdmeza

hdmeza Companion

Jul 30, 2007

:D I just spoke w/ my principal, she and all the rest the staff will be back on Wednesday, so I can get to my room, get my curriculaum, start preparing, get my kids info, get stuff out of my house, and get my keys and security codes (then i can come and go 2-4-7)!!!

Just had to say how excited I am!!!!!!:woot:

Now what to do first......;)

3. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Jul 30, 2007

How exciting. I'm happy for you!! :)

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 30, 2007

Let the fun begin!

5. kdw1913

kdw1913 Companion

Jul 31, 2007

That is so exciting. I hope that I'll have that kind of access soon!

6. Amers

Amers Cohort

Jul 31, 2007

I can get into my room on Wednesday too....but right now it's making me more nauseas than excited. :unsure:

7. hdmeza

hdmeza Companion

Aug 1, 2007

Today I just went in, picked up my roster (only 6 kids) and review their files a bit. I also dropped all my stuff in the middle of my room b/c the new furniture and other materials the school ordered will not be in until next week.

I will get busy then!!!!

8. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

Great! So do you like your room? Are you already fully stocked and know what is going on your walls? I am meeting with the other life skills teachers and the SPED coordinator on Friday. When I spoke to the SPED coordinator last week she hadn't decided on room assignments. I hope she knows when we go in! Good luck!

9. hdmeza

hdmeza Companion

Aug 1, 2007

My things have not arrived yet b/c this is a new class, they are due in next week. I have tons of stuff for my walls, but still feel as though it lacks, once I set up my room I will have a better idea of what I still want.

I am meeting with another teacher in the same position (AA) on campus Monday, and she is also going to help, then my Mentor said she will help also later in the week.

10. kdw1913

kdw1913 Companion

Aug 2, 2007

Well, I got to go to my classroom today. It was quite an experience. I wish I had taken a picture. The room is small, all the walls are bare and white, and all the desks and chairs were stacked and pushed to one side. OMG! That' all I could think. How in the world am I supposed to transform this room? That's what I thought as I passed by other rooms that were very nicely decorated. Anywya, I tried three or four arrangements of the desks before I finally decided on the one that I felt most comfortable with. I will make sure to take before and after pictures.

Oh yeah, the air conditioning was not on, so I didn't stick around for too long. They will not be turning on the air until the week before school.

11. Amers

Amers Cohort

Aug 2, 2007

Thank goodness the air was on in my room. It was nice and cool. I saw it yesterday, but I just hung around long enough to make a list of what I had in the room and what I still needed. Tomorrow I'm going to bring some of my stuff in and see what I can get done. All my desks are shoved together in the middle of the room with the chairs stacked all over. What a mess. I'm sure I'll be there most of the day. I'm taking before and after pics too.

12. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Aug 3, 2007

You have air-I am so jealous! ;) It can be unbearable in my school now! Things that you put up on the wall with tape fall down overnight and have to be reput up again. The walls are wet with humidty and working the rooms you sweat a lot and start to smell funny! (Maybe that is why the rooms smell-we were blaming it on the kids! :lol: )
    Good Luck with setting up your rooms! It is always a tedious process in the beginning of the year!

13. trulyblssd

trulyblssd Companion

Aug 3, 2007

I wish I had a room.....(cry, cry, sniffle, sniffle)

Sincerly,
    Roving Around

14. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Aug 5, 2007

I met with the admins and other two Life Skills teachers on Friday. Man, 2.5 hours went fast. I was excited to find out the other new teacher is an ACP student too and this is her first year as well, so I won't have to go through growing pains alone! The coordinator and other tenured teacher are awesome. I also saw our "area. You walk into a kitchen area and then there are three rooms off that kitchen. I don't think I need a whole lot as far as room decor is concerned, since I am at the high school level. I will get stuff for my board though...plus calendar and days of the week stuff. :)

15. hdmeza

hdmeza Companion

Aug 5, 2007

I am going tomorrow and will likely spend the better part of the day there. Taking my MOM to help decorate and organize and meeting with one of my co teachers to help work out my scheduling and other things.

Still not sure if "my" things will be there yet, you know the furnitiure and classroom stuff the school ordered!!! Oh well, can't wait forever!!!