Wedding Songs

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by love2teach, May 14, 2006.

1. PB&J

PB&J Rookie

Jun 4, 2006

We walked in to the reception to "Pretty Woman". **** right I was feeling as pretty as ever that day! It also has a great upbeat tempo and we had so much fun walking in to that!

Other songs we used: 1st dance: Celine Dion's Because You Loved Me

Father/ Daughter: Through the Years by Kenny Rogers (one of my dad's favorites)

Mother/Son: can't rememer

Cake cutting: Love and Marriage by Frank Sinatra (married with children theme)

For the garter the dj played stripper music which was actully pretty funny! Don't take it too seriously, have fun if you choose to do it!

2. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2006

OK...I wish I was getting married...I heard the PERFECT father/daughter song called I loved her first (anyone else hear it???)Here's the link http://www.loftoncreekrecords.com/heartland_bio1.html Go down to the bottom of page on right side!!!

OMG...I told hubby I wish this was out when we got married...I had little tears in my eyes!!!

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 10, 2006

I just cried through that entire song! haha
    I'm not the biggest country fan, but my dad is and I was thinking of using a country song for our father/daughter dance at my wedding...that one would be perfect! My only concern is the fact that we'll both be crying the whole time.
    My friend danced to "Brown-eyed Girl" with her dad because she wanted to avoid anything that would make them too emotional.
    I'm still undecided about mine, but that song is beautiful.

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2006

I told ya!!! Not too country sounding though....that's what I like about it...I love country music. I heard it yesterday!!!!

Just wanted to share!!!!

5. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jul 10, 2006

Great song! My cousin danced to Isn't She Lovely with her dad.

6. nyteacher01

nyteacher01 Companion

Jul 10, 2006

Great song! I am such a sap. Anyway, I figure that is the perfect time to show your emotions! My father cried the whole dance and it was touching. Actually everyone was crying! :)

7. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jul 10, 2006

Oh, it's definitely the perfect time to show your emotions, but I'm just worried that once I start crying I won't be able to stop! haha My dad is a very emotional person too and will be crying the whole day anyway, but if he's got some alcohol in him at that point he'll be a total basket-case with that song! haha

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2006

I don't know how any dad couldn't like that song sap or not!!!! It's just written so well....

9. Mizz Lucy

Mizz Lucy Guest

Jul 10, 2006

Nothing beats "Daddy' Hands" if you like country music.
    Also "Home to You" by John Michael Montgomery.
    "Hot for Taecher"
    I don't know the name of the song, but it's played at EVERY NFL football game, probably every sporting event daa daa daa daa HEY!

We didn't toss the garter at my wedding either.
    Instead, we had wheelbarrow races; the kind you did as kids.
    The bridesmaids held the groomsmens feet and raced across the dance floor and back. Then we had a second round where anyone could participate, and third, and fourth. Winners of each round then comepted for the garter and flower trophy. It was hilarious and still talked about after 7 years!

10. Pixiewannabe

Pixiewannabe Comrade

Jul 10, 2006

I just got married and our first dance song was At Last by Etta James because its traditional and my husband and I don't listen to the same type of music so finding something modern that we both liked wasn't going to be easy.
    My dad is not in the picture so I danced with my mom while husband danced with his to I hope you dance by leanne Womack (SP).
    Also we avoided the garter toss, I think its personal preference and it just wasn't for us.
    Congrats and Good Luck with all the last little details.

11. Mrs_Goatess

Mrs_Goatess Comrade

Jul 10, 2006

First dance: "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce. (I knew that was my wedding song before I had even met my husband or even ever thought I would get married one day!)

Bride & Dad: "What a Wonderful World" It embodied everything my dad taught me about the world.

Groom and Mom: "Everything I do (I do it for you)" by Brian Adams. They're Canadians, and she had seen Brian Adams in a crappy bar way back in the day. When the song came out, it became his and his mom's.

12. MrsFrench

MrsFrench Rookie

Jul 10, 2006

I just got married in May, and our reception was quite the party!! Hubby and I are HUGE sports fans (actually made the top 16 of ESPN's ultimate sports wedding contest, won a 42" LCD tv out of the deal), so for our intro, we had the Chicago Bulls introduction song playing and were introduced like a sports team. EAch couple had a cute intro dance type deal they made up. It was great! Our first dance was to "You Are" by Jimmy Wayne, country, but doesn't sound it. Rascall Flatts has a new song out called "My Wish" that we did father/daughter AND mother/son too. I balled the first time I heard it, it's so good! Plus we got both dances out of the way. I was surprised during the garter toss!! My hubby came out and started stripping, and ripped off his shirt sleeves (pre-planned of course) and flexed those guns before diving under. The pictures are great of everyone's faces!! Oh, and I forgot to mention, my maiden name is France and his is French, so we had a whole French theme including a 6 foot Eiffel Tower that lit up!! It was a great day and I now feel like I am an expert wedding planner :)

13. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2006

Mrs. French.. sounds like an awesome wedding..:D

14. Leikela

Leikela Companion

Jul 11, 2006

Sounds like an awesome wedding Mrs. French!! I am getting married in September and am a HUGE Rascal Flatts fan. I was totally thinking of using "My Wish" but my hubby to be said it wouldn't be good. Now that I see someone else has used it, I'm seriously considering it!! My other preference is "You'll Be There" by Faith Hill. What do you guys think?

15. Daisha

Daisha Companion

Jul 11, 2006

I'm getting married in July 2007 and my fiance and I want our first dance to be to Crazy Love by Van Morrison or Bob Dylan.:)

16. Lainie

Lainie Companion

Jul 12, 2006

I'm getting married next summer... I really don't think we'll be dancing, but we're both music lovers. Songs I want played:
    First Day of My Life- Bright Eyes
    The Luckiest- Ben Folds
    Such Great Heights- Iron & Wine
    I Found a Reason- Cat Power
    The Sun Shines Down on Me- Guster

17. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Jul 15, 2006

Jim Brickman has a great song to use for a husband wife dance. It is called Beautiful.........and Wayne Brady sings it. The words are so perfect for that first dance.
    Go to this link and click on Watch the "Beautiful" feat. Wayne Brady video.............nice!!!! :)
    http://music.aol.com/artist/jim-brickman/59321/main#