Wedding Songs

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by love2teach, May 14, 2006.

1. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

May 14, 2006

wedding songs...

Agggg the planning never ends....

We need to come up with a song that we can be introduced to...the band will play it in the background as the bridal party is introduced and when we are intoduced. We want something fun that will get the mood and tone set for the night....any suggestions?? We are having a mental block!!

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 14, 2006

what kind of music do you like?

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 14, 2006

the DJ played that song by Pink.. get the party started.. not my favorite, but it worked.

5. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

May 14, 2006

At my friend's reception they played "Beautiful Day" by U2 while we were introduced. They kept looping through the beginning part of the song in the background as the wedding party was introduced and then as the bride and groom were introduced and walked in they played the beginning part of the chorus where it says, "It's a beautiful day!" It was really nice. Probably took a lot of practicing by the dj to get the timing right, but it worked out perfectly!

6. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

May 14, 2006

my goodness! Quick replies!! Thanks guys......I love all kinds if music....my oly request that night is no chicken dance or electric slide!!

7. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 14, 2006

LOL.... that was MY request too

8. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 14, 2006

Do you have a first dance song picked out?? I really miss those planning days, as you can tell..

9. ABall

ABall Fanatic

May 15, 2006

Let me give you my only advice on songs.......... WIND BENEATH MY WINGS is a very long song if picked for the father of the bride danc......:rolleyes:

10. tikibad

tikibad Rookie

May 15, 2006

How about something funky...

- Brickhouse

- Fire

If I don't make sense, please don't mind me. I am just a single person with no intentions on getting married in the near future, so I am not a wedding person, but it was just a thought.

11. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 15, 2006

You gotta do those & the polka.."roll out the barrell..." :) I've got the best pictures of my grandpa who was near 90 doing the chicken dance w/me & kids!!!!

My suggetions....
    What about Chapel of Love
    Country..Here for the party

12. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

May 15, 2006

At my friends reception, they played Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top as the wedding party came in.

13. AuburnTeach

AuburnTeach Companion

May 15, 2006

Happy Together by the Turtles is fun...upbeat, neat lyrics. That might be a good intro song.

14. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

May 15, 2006

What about "Celebrate" by Kool and the Gang. I don't particularly like the song, but it gets people in the mood for having fun and dancing.

15. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 15, 2006

Oh you are so right about that one...

16. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 15, 2006

We walked into Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne... don't even ask...LOL

17. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 15, 2006

I always wanted Butterfly Kisses for that song .....its so cute and makes me tear up just thinking about it !

18. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

May 16, 2006

Butterfly Kisses is one of my favorite songs and hope to dance with my dad a my wedding one of these days.

19. nyteacher01

nyteacher01 Companion

May 19, 2006

Planning a wedding is such an exciting time. I miss it. I got married two years ago (dated for 8 years) and after my wedding I wanted to become a part-time bridal consultant. I still think about it. I really loved it and paid attention to every detail. I hope you are having as much fun as I did. Do you have a band or DJ??

I don't know where you are located but I know they do things differently all over. I'm from NYC and for me, the intro had to be something real lively. I wanted everyone to know what was coming - a great evening not to be forgotten. Here's what we did...

* An idea for taking off the garter - wish I thought about it for myself - there's a song called I'm Hot for Teacher - LOL

Intro - The Derb - original mix
    First Dance - I Need You - Leann Rimes
    Cake Cutting - Sugar Sugar
    Father/Daughter - Daddy's Little Girl (I could get you the artist if interested - it's beautiful)
    Mother/Son - A Song for Mama - Boys II Men

FYI - A great song just to get everyone moving - Let's get loud by J.Lo

Hope you found some of this helpful
    When is the wedding and what other things do you have planned? I'd love to hear about it.

20. nyteacher01

nyteacher01 Companion

May 19, 2006

Sorry the father/daughter dance was called MY LITTLE GIRL and it's by Steve Kirwan

21. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 19, 2006

I danced w/step dad and he wasn't around when I was real young so we danced to You've Got a Friend Carlie Simon.

Another hint if you use the disposable cameras please announce or write a note that they are not for young children!!!! We didn't and got a lot of people's rearends!!!!

22. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

May 19, 2006

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Well, I guess you could have done some interesting scrap booking with those!!!!!!!!:p ;)

23. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 19, 2006

YUP...some people thought they were toys for the kids....UUGGGHHH...then of course you have the others who took them home!!!

24. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

May 19, 2006

We have a lot of planning done...the wedding is this summer!!!
    We do have a band, which was more money but seems to be well worth the extra bucks!

Hot for teacher is a funny idea, but were not (or I dont want to) do the whole garder thing...something about it turns me the wrong way.....

I will be throwing my flowers though, but I don't think I need a song for that, do I?

I love Let's Get Loud.....J.Lo is a bit annoying but so many of her songs are great dance songs!!

Right now my bigger battle is finding something for my hair...I dont want a crown but I am on the look out for cute clips or pins or something.....any suggestions to the tiara alternative?!

25. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 19, 2006

Are you doing the veil?!? Mine was half up & down in big loose curls...luckily fam is in the hair business and did it as a gift!!!

26. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 19, 2006

we didn't do the garter thing either! it wasn't even missed. Hot for Teacher was played at the wedding cause we are both huge Van Halen fans...LOL... our wedding was like the big 80's when we actually knew the music...LOL

27. Michelle88702

Michelle88702 Rookie

May 20, 2006

Holiday - Madonna
    Lets Go Crazy - Prince
    Crazy In Love- Beyonce

28. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 21, 2006

Ok you're gonna laugh..I was watching Ferris Buehlar and thought of this thread when everybody started dancing to "Shake it up baby" You know the song he sings on the float!!!

29. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

May 21, 2006

Twist and Shout- that's the one!

30. ktmays06

ktmays06 Rookie

May 21, 2006

I was wondering what your first dance song is? Mine was "Now and Forever" by Richard Marx. It always makes me cry.

31. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 21, 2006

Thanks..I knew mine wasn't the title!!!

32. Leikela

Leikela Companion

May 24, 2006

I'm getting married in September and our wedding song is "I Could Not Ask For More" by Edwin McCain.

I never thought about all the other songs you need for the intro cake cutting etc... Wow! And I thought I was almost done planning! LOL Thanks for some good thoughts!

I always wanted Butterfly Kisses for the father/daugher dance but everyone and their mother has that song so I want to be different.

33. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

May 26, 2006

my cousin did "save the last dance" for the father/ daughter

34. WITeach

WITeach Cohort

May 29, 2006

35. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

May 29, 2006

thanks guys!! you have all been so helpfful!

36. falcons88

falcons88 Rookie

Jun 2, 2006

At my brothers wedding, he brought out a bag of items when his wife sat down to have the garder removed. What was in the bag you ask? A hard hat and flashlight.....HAHA

It is fun, silly, its whatever you want it to be. Try not to be too consumed in so much planning that 1) you have arguements and that 2) you worry about too many details.

If there is one piece of advice I can give you, you can't please everyone. Do what is best for you...and Congrats!

37. kermy

kermy Companion

Jun 4, 2006

YOu girls are a bunch of help! I 'm planninga wedding too and i have a lot more songs to my list now!

38. iteachm123

iteachm123 Comrade

Jun 4, 2006

Our first dance was "There You'll Be" by Faith Hill. Everytime I hear that song, it brings tears to my eyes. In fact, when my husband and I first started dating, we danced to that song in his living room. It was the most romantic moment I have ever experienced.

Our flower girls and ring bearers walked down the aisle to "A Whole New World" from the movie Alladin. I wanted a children's song. The effect was really nice and they looked so precious.

My dad and I danced to "Butterfly Kisses" for our father/daughter dance. When I was 3, I used to play a little toy piano, like the one you hear in the beginning of the song so it brought back a lot of memories for my dad and I. That song has a lot of meaning and it was a very touching moment.

Best wishes for your wedding day. It will be day you will never forget and you'll feel like a princess. Enjoy!!

39. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jun 4, 2006

At Last by Etta James was also first dance song. Christina Aguilera also does a nice version.

40. Sarah5483

Sarah5483 Companion

Jun 4, 2006

Aw, it sounds like you had a beautiful wedding! I love the idea of "A Whole New World" while the children walk down the aisle. Very cute.

41. iteachm123

iteachm123 Comrade

Jun 4, 2006

Thank you, Saraheco. My wedding meant even more to me because this is my second marriage. For my first marriage, my ex and I eloped and I got married in jeans. That should have opened my eyes then!! So I really wanted this wedding to be special. It was a day I'll never forget and I'll treasure the rest of my life.