wedding anniversary ideas, please

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by AuburnTeach, Jul 5, 2007.

1. AuburnTeach

AuburnTeach Companion

Jul 5, 2007

My parents' 50th wedding anniversary would be August 3 of this year. I want to honor my dad's memory and celebrate this special date and the time my parents did have together on their anniversary date.:love:

I have some ideas for the celebration...contacting their wedding party members and asking them to write some memories of my parents and of the wedding, having a dinner for my mom, brother and his family, and me; and a power point presentation with photos of the wedding.

Any other ideas? I didn't get this idea until about 30 minutes ago when I was doing dishes (funny how that happens sometimes), so I don't have a lot of time to prepare.

Thanks,
    Cindy

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 5, 2007

I think those sound like GREAT ideas. I'm sure you're mom would be truly touched!!!

You could also ask the wedding party...I assume friends & family what they thought of the other's significant other. I mean did the really like your dad or mom when they first met them...It would be kinda fun to see what their first impressions were as well!!!

4. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Jul 5, 2007

My husband's parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary a number of years ago. One of their granddaughters dressed up in the "bride's" wedding dress that my MIL wore 50 years previously. It was beautiful - and brought back lovely memories for my mother-in-law.

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 5, 2007

A corsage with flowers similar to what they used for wedding flowers would be nice. My grandparent's fiftieth was in May, my mom bought an unfinished wood frame, had the whole family sign it. sealed it, and put a picture from their wedding in it. It made a great gift and momento.

6. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Jul 5, 2007

perhaps going back to the place of the ceremony and or reception?

7. Amers

Amers Cohort

Jul 5, 2007

Instead of just contacting the wedding party, what about asking all your parents' family and friends to write down a msg for your mother. They could also send you any pics they have of your parents over the years. Then, take all the notes and mementos people sent and make a scrapbook for your mom. My Uncle did this for my grandparents' 50th anniversary, and it was a huge success.