Websites for E-Portfolios

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Michelle88702, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Michelle88702

Michelle88702 Rookie

Aug 22, 2010

The title pretty much says it, I am wondering what some good sites are to create an online portfolio. I want to use a site that has templates for colors and the like. I would love to hear what (hopefully user friendly) sites you all are using.

3. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Aug 22, 2010

Good question! I would be interested in this as well!
    I think something like freewebs is probably useful or even some blogging sites you could possibly use. I am going to be looking into this too.
    Otherwise, I know through my college you can host your own website and that would work- you just use frontpage to make the website- it is wysiwyg you don't need to know html or whatever. My college also uses an online service that you can put your portfolio up, but that is pretty expensive. I did not think it was worth it.

4. Miss Snix

Miss Snix Companion

Aug 22, 2010

I've been working on my first online portfolio and have been using Google Sites. It's free, easy (no html codes used) and very user friendly.

5. SingBlueSilver

SingBlueSilver Companion

Aug 23, 2010

I use wordpress.com (the blogging site). Even though its a blog site, you can pretty much set it up like a regular webpage. Also free, but you do have to know how to navigate pretty well to make sure its set up like a website instead of a blog. I don't know if other website builders offer this, but one thing I really like about them is that you can make your blog/page unsearchable which means that if you try to google/search for it on the internet it won't come up. So that way only people with the address can view your site, so only the people YOU want can view your site, and leaving your email, phone number, address won't be much of a privacy issue.