Websites & Computer Programs for "Free Time" and Computer Stations - all SPED levels

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Special-t, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Oct 21, 2008

What websites and computer programs do you use for computer stations and educational "Free Time"?
    I'm interested to hear from those who teach all levels of SPED. Please specify the level of your students to clarify your choices.

Thank You!

3. Chokita

Chokita Comrade

Oct 21, 2008

4. sarypotter

sarypotter Comrade

Oct 21, 2008

5. inhisgrip20

inhisgrip20 Comrade

Oct 21, 2008

I teach students with severe/profound intellectual disabilities.

One website I use often is: http://www.priorywoods.middlesbrough.sch.uk/resources/videos.htm The site provides free video clips (among other resources) that can be accessed with a switch or touch screen. I let my students view them during leisure time. They are very simple, but work on cause/effect for my students.

6. sarypotter

sarypotter Comrade

Oct 21, 2008

Ooh, this is great! Thanks for sharing!

Now if I can just GET a switch for my student who needs one, we'll be all set.

7. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Oct 21, 2008

Thanks for the responses so far!

I inquired today at a middle school autism class and found that LA Unified uses http://www.intellitools.com as a standard program.

The teacher in this particular class used Kindergarten level Math and Language Arts.

He showed me one of their matching games where you drag and drop objects into a box (ie. which object starts with an "a" ?). This game only let you drag in the correct answers. It was very colorful and simple.

That said ... keep your posts coming ... this is extremely helpful already!:thanks:

8. Giggles1100

Giggles1100 Comrade

Oct 22, 2008

Well they are not for just special ed but we do visit Starfall.com , funbrain.com, and brainpop.com That is what I let the kids get on during their free time but we use brainpopjr for our lessons all the time.

9. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Oct 22, 2008

I used to use www.coolmath.com with my moderate kids a lot last year. Each student could work on their level.

Also, the Scholastic website has a lot of cool things for kids, but its hard for the kids to navigate.

10. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Oct 23, 2008

I have a 30 day trial of the DTT program and I like it. I just have to figure out how to put it in my packed schedule!