Website

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Bridiecakes, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Bridiecakes

Bridiecakes Companion

Jun 30, 2009

I want to create a website for my class. As of now, my school does not have it set up that teachers can make websites from the district site. I am willing to pay a fee because I do not want advertisments. What sites do you use? Any that you like/ dislike? Thanks!

3. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jun 30, 2009

I use wordpress.com for free, no ads. You can set up pages as blogs or static pages.

4. kidsr#1

kidsr#1 Companion

Jun 30, 2009

Teacher Web

Last year I used doteasy and I didn't like it very much when it came to uploading/posting pictures. It seemed to take a lot of steps and was time consuming. I also didn't find the kind of design I wanted that would be more "school" like. As the year went on I found myself updating the website less often.

This summer I started a new website for my class at Teacher Web. I love the different templates. You can choose your school colors. I have found it very user friendly. It is $39 a year. They have a 2 week trial that you could try. They also have a lot of new templates for the web design that will be available in the fall. I have played around with switching the web design and it seems pretty easy.

Just my opinion. :)

5. JoviHawk

JoviHawk Rookie

Jul 1, 2009

Scholastic.com has a free service for this. Never did it, but was sent an email about it.

6. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jul 1, 2009

I just took a class that used EditMe.com and it was easy. I had a free month trial to take the class, but I am considering buying my domain so I can keep the site. I like the Teacher Web idea.
    I am willing to pay for one, since I think it is important to have one, and I am not sure if our district offers a free one. Do the free ones really offer a variety of templates, or are you somewhat limited??

7. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Jul 1, 2009

I am trying www.classjump.com for this next year. It is pretty easy to set up, and completely free (not a free trial, but always free). Plus, no ads. :)

Last year I also used wordpress.com and just had a class blog, updating with weekly information.

8. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 1, 2009

knitter, wordpress.com offers more than 50 templates. Many of them allow you to change the header image and the colors. No ads. Always free. Super easy to embed about anything you can imagine. It was started for blogs, but you can easily create static pages.

9. Mrs. Porter

Mrs. Porter Rookie

Jul 1, 2009

I just started classjump.com and it is so simple to use. I already have it linked to my school webpage.

10. shasha379

shasha379 Devotee

Jul 1, 2009

:yeahthat: I use teacher web too.

11. CheleOh

CheleOh Rookie

Jul 1, 2009

I've used TeacherWeb for 5 years now.

It's very easy to use, and they're always working to make improvements and make more "tools" available to us.

I'm in the middle of updating mine, but here it is: http://teacherweb.com/CA/LaVorgnaES/Osinski/t.stm

Chele :)