website

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissFroggy, Jul 11, 2008.

1. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 11, 2008

A few days I posted about my LAME scholastic site.

I am much happier with this one!

Any tips, ideas, typos?

Thanks!

http://www.classjump.com/jessicatls/index.php

And thanks to whoever posted about this place for free sites. It's super easy!

3. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 11, 2008

I like how you put the files on the page with the Microsoft Word icons. I may put this one on my Favorite Classrooms page because you've always been an awesome inspiration. :) What do you plan on update over the course of the school year?

And the Scholastic one wasn't lame. There just wasn't much you could do with it.

(This is going to be WAY off topic- I looked at your pictures and had those wonderful tree branch looking poles in your classroom re-enter my mind. I would HAVE to stick those things up all over the place in the school I would design. Just kidding... :rofl: )

4. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 11, 2008

Thanks! I am happy with this one, and would love a link from your site, which I have bookmarked and visit all the time!

5. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 11, 2008

When the time comes, of course. It's great to have nice feelings about your website. I remember the one I designed in my first year of teaching and how it was extremely difficult to navigate... and how I eventually abandoned it for the one I have now.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 11, 2008

It's clean and uncluttered looking- nice links for lots of classroom info.

Just curious:

Do you use your name 'Jessica' with all of your class?

Who is Lani?

How little is the little school?
    ;)

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 11, 2008

Very nice, bright, easy to use site!

Wow, MissFroggy, looks like you have had quite a lot of change at your school. I thought you were going to have even younger ones this year for some reason.

How did the curriculum adoptions come to be?

Will you add pictures of your room?

8. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2008

I love your site. It is organized and inviting. I really love how you make the wording user friendly for parents etc. and explain a lot!!! That will be very very beneficial this year I'm sure. BTW-- Love love love the Sticky Spelling activities!!!

9. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2008

Just read through the Beginning of the Year and noticed a very teeeny tiny typo... Instead of "W am excited..." "I am excited or We are..."

10. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 11, 2008

1. Yes, all teachers go by first names.
    2. Lani is the teaching assistant.
    3. The school is about 165 students pre k-6th grade.

11. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 11, 2008

I thought I was going to have even younger too! Thank goodness I do not. However, of my 16 students, 10 are 7 years old, 4 are 8 and 2 are 9, so it's basically second grade... some seven year olds are even 1st, but I don't think any of mine are. And I am sort of estimating those numbers. I know only 2 are nine, and I am not positive on the other ages.

We had committees this year to determine new curriculum. I was on literacy, and there was a science and math task force as well. BUT, those were a bit easier because we already we using the old Investigations and we already had FOSS kits. They just decided to get more and to upgrade.

I have a few pictures in there, but wanted to wait until I decorate for the first of the year. Right now the furniture is all in place, but it's not kid ready yet.

12. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Jul 11, 2008

Looks really good especially considering it is a free, template based site. I'll be sharing classjump with my colleagues. Many want to do their own pages but are intimidated by the design side.

If anyone is looking for a next step up Microsoft OfficeLive does free webhosting (you do have to get your own domain name which is ~$15/year) and some very easy to use tools. Mrroughton.com is hosted there and I'm very happy with it.

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 11, 2008

:)

14. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 11, 2008

How did your school decide on having students use the teacher's first names? I've never heard that before except for after school care.

15. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 11, 2008

16. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 11, 2008

Thanks... but for some reason edublogs still hasn't got back to me with a password so I am waiting on that. First they said 30 minutes. When I logged in again today, it said "a few days"... I will wait, but if nothing happens I'll have to find another place to put the Monday Memo. I want it linked from somewhere else as the information on this site is so important I don't want it to end up clogging up the information on the site.

17. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 12, 2008

um, it's 5:30ish and I am going to BED now. I played around on this all night... not that the changes are very apparent.

Anyway... YAWN. Why do I do this???

18. titansrst

titansrst Rookie

Jul 12, 2008

Thanks

Ms. Froggy,
    After looking at your wonderful site, I went and developed my own using Class Jump. Thanks for the tip.

19. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 12, 2008

Edublogs NEVER emailed me the password. I started Thursday afternoon and never heard from them, so I used teacherlingo.com instead. It seems like it will work fine, but it does have ads.

20. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 12, 2008

Share yours! I'd like to see it!