Website with printable worksheets?

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by TeacherGrl7, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Oct 17, 2008

I have 2 little ones whose parents are begging me for "dittos" for them to do at home. They are asking me for things that they can do while their older siblings are doing homework (it's actually very cute- one mom told me her daughter was "addicted" to homework, and the other mom is frazzled because her son keeps asking her to write letters for him to copy, and she can't help the older child and write letters for the younger one at the same time). I send home homework every week, but it is a short packet and the anxious children always end up doing the whole thing on Monday.

I KNOW there have to be websites out there that are good for this kind of thing. Anyone know of any? I'm glad that they are excited to learn and be big kids, but I would rather be able to point their parents in a good direction, than have to copy extra dittos all the time. Thanks!

3. PennStateCutie

PennStateCutie Companion

Oct 17, 2008

would she be appeased with an educational website...?

www.starfall.com is awesome & the kids love it! :)

4. positiveautism

positiveautism Comrade

Oct 17, 2008

5. punchinello

punchinello Comrade

Oct 17, 2008

Thank you for posting starfall.com! I love the calendar section.

6. PennStateCutie

PennStateCutie Companion

Oct 17, 2008

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 17, 2008

8. LvToyFoxTerrier

LvToyFoxTerrier Rookie

Oct 17, 2008

There is also handwriting worksheets you can make right here on A to Z Teacher Stuff. Just click on the tools bar at the top.

9. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Oct 17, 2008

http://www.first-school.ws/theme/alphabet.htm has great alphabet pages with a few simple pictures on the sound page and an easy tracing page for each letter with only two tracing lines (one capital and one lower case). I also like the large letter that they can trace with their finger first to get a feel for the shape of the letter before tracing.

10. diggerdeb

diggerdeb Comrade

Oct 18, 2008

WOW!!! The starfall site is great!!! I can't wait to share it with my parents on Monday!!! Parents ask me often about fun educational sites and this one is excellent!!!

11. tgi1515

tgi1515 Comrade

Oct 18, 2008

I have 2 ancient computers in my classroom and the only activity I allow (and can run...) is www.starfall.com. I think there are really cheap workbooks that you can order, but I think they are for K-1st (in my opinion). I had a parent get some for me once when I taught 1st grade and I had limited copies and no handwriting curriculum.

I don't do too many worksheets or color sheets but when I do, I use educational pages. After spending $$ on books that I only used a few pages out of, I started using these 3 sites... There are literally thousands of pages to choose from. (I usually make a BIG package of pages (usually ABC or math) to send home during the summer.)

If the parents want to print "worksheets", www.first-school.ws has lots of educational/alphabet worksheets.

I also like www.kidzone.ws Click on Preschool or Kindergarten (depending how old). I love the Preschool, Itsy Bitsy Books under Basic Skills. There are instructions on how to play games and LOTS of worksheets for pre-writing, pre-reading, and math. There are also Itsy Bitsy Books for alphabet under Kindergarten.

I also use www.handwritingworksheets.com to make "name" pages. At the beginning, I make a first name page where the student can trace their name over and over on the page. Later I add last name (usually changing the page to landscape). At the end of the year, the older students can trace their names once and then write on the lines under w/o tracing.

If the parent requesting worksheets has a computer, they should be happy with these. Good Luck!
    :)

12. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Oct 18, 2008

Why can't parent that want worksheets just go to Walmart, Kmart, etc and look in the educational workbook section and get the level book they need? Just curious?

Anyway. Maybe those sites given will make them happy. :)

13. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Oct 18, 2008

I plan on suggesting that when I give them the websites- I think the reason they prefer this, or even better, for me to give them things, is money. Although I have seen, and use, some books from Dollar Tree that are great and I do plan on mentioning that. Hopefully a combination of the 2 will appease them enough that I will not have to be looking for things for them all year.

Thank you for the sites, everyone! I'm compiling a nice little list for them, and I think I might include some in my weekly newsletter for any other parents that might appreciate them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.