Wearing the Same Clothing

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Ms. I, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 10, 2011

Being a substitute teacher, it's easy to get away w/ wearing the same clothing since we're at different schools all the time. Do you this often?

I have tons of clothes, but I do it sometimes, but I never wear the same top 2 days in a row without washing it, unless it's a sweater.

3. CandorWit

CandorWit Rookie

Feb 10, 2011

I tend to wear the same 3 pairs of pants, over and over again. They are black and gray, I just keep washing and rewearing cause they look professional and go with everything!

4. QueeTheBean

QueeTheBean Rookie

Feb 10, 2011

SO funny. I had an early morning call-in this morning & was telling my husband that the best part of subbing was that you could wear the same thing 2 days in a row & no one would ever know! I had a cute outfit yesterday, so I just wore it again!

5. Vince

Vince Rookie

Feb 11, 2011

Sure, I do it often. Wear the same shirt and pants two days in a row.

6. substitutesftw

substitutesftw Companion

Feb 11, 2011

I never wear the same thing twice in a row, but I have washed an outfit and worn it a few days later just because. No one would know I wore it just a few days ago!

But I do get self-conscious sometimes because I think, "What did I wear the last time when I was at this school?" I don't want to wear an outfit at one school, and then appear a week or two later wearing the exact same thing because I can't remember what I wore the previous week I was there. Obviously, I'm being silly to assume anyone would even remember what I'm wearing, but I suspect that if you wore something unique (like one of my favorite shirts has a pretty, bold color that I think I would recognize if a person I saw occasionally wore it often), it would be a little weird if people saw you in it nearly every time they saw you. Oh well!

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 11, 2011

I'd be bored wearing the same thing...classic pants, skirts, card is are good...but change it up a bit!

8. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Feb 11, 2011

I do it all the time. I have two pairs of black pants that I rotate and two other pairs of really lightweight cargo pants that I wear in warm weather. Since I rarely work five days a week, it all works out.

I've recently lost enough weight that I really need to go buy some new pants. They're all hanging droopy drawers, but I'm just not motivated to do it. It's funny, because when I worked in a corporate situation I was a total clothes horse.