"We will call by Monday..."

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by BerkleyTeacher, Aug 16, 2010.

1. BerkleyTeacher

BerkleyTeacher Rookie

Aug 16, 2010

"We will call by Monday..." UPDATED

The principal from the interview I had last week (Thursday) said she would be calling to notify teachers on Monday.
    Its Monday! and almost 2pm. I am so crushed, I really really wanted this job. I was so excited the who weekend...

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2010

Don't give up hope yet...it's still Monday for quite a few hours.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2010

Some principals say that they will call on Monday and something comes up and they call on Tuesday. Give it a few days and if you don't hear anything, call the district.

I had a friend apply for a job and the principal was changed in the midst of the hiring process. She called a few days after the change and ended up getting the job because the new principal didn't have time to go through the whole hiring process and couldn't find the old applications...

5. Elm512

Elm512 Companion

Aug 16, 2010

I was told they'd be picking a candidate "very soon", and I was offered the position one month later! Don't give up!

6. chessimprov

chessimprov Rookie

Aug 16, 2010

Don't give up, but don't beat around the bush either! Last year, I probably had about 15 interviews where people said "we will call you back (between 1-3 weeks)" and about 90% of the time, they never followed through!! It's like why make any empty promises you don't have to make if you won't follow through?

And trust me, I wasn't waiting around for an answer to come to determine if I should continue applying elsewhere or not.

I know maybe a slipup may happen, but a lot of schools/districts with this practice all around the same time period? It gives me a bad sign of how much the school or district really cares about the people it is working with. Sometimes, you also gotta take what you can get.

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2010

Did you hear?

8. BerkleyTeacher

BerkleyTeacher Rookie

Aug 17, 2010

Updated!

Update:

I called my Human Resource coordinator (the person who set up my interview) to ask if she knew when they were going to make their decision. She asked me if I was an internal candidate (I worked for this district over the summer- and was told I was considered an internal candidate by the school). I explained my situation to her, and she proceeded to tell me I should not of been interviewed because I was an external candidate. She explained that I would only be considered once all internal candidates were placed. I said thank you, and hung up.

What?! She was the one who set up my interview...she had all of my paperwork..shouldn't she have realized this before?!!
    So I basically interviewed, and got excited about a position, for a position I am not eligible for. I am so disappointed...hopefully they will need external candidates.[/FONT]

9. Michelle88702

Michelle88702 Rookie

Aug 17, 2010

Well that stinks! If they haven't interviewed external canidates though maybe it will give you an edge if they do end up needed them. You will already have been interviewed so one less thing for them to do! It sucks when errors like this happen, especially in this job market. I know everyone is human but sheesh!

10. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2010

Oh no! Huge hugs...that doesn't sound fair. Hopefully they place all internal candidates quickly and find a spot for you!!! :hugs:

11. BerkleyTeacher

BerkleyTeacher Rookie

Aug 17, 2010

Thank you everyone for the support! I just wanted this job so bad. I spent the whole weekend thinking about how my classroom would look, researching articles (I'm and ERIC junkie), and telling my family how great my interview went...and that was because it really did! After I left I heard them say "Wow! She's amazing" and discussing me, while the next candidate waited in the hallway.

Now...to get the news that I might not even be considered because I'm not an internal...when the woman I spoke to arranged my interview (and I explained my situation to her then!!) she said she would only call me back if she needed more candidates.

ugh...hopefully you're right Michelle.

12. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2010

I'm sorry...Maybe all of the internal candidates will be placed quickly and your great interview will put you at the top of the list.