We had a great sub this week

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by wannabeteach, Oct 7, 2005.

1. wannabeteach

wannabeteach Rookie

Oct 7, 2005

I'd love to show our appreciation somehow.

Our class isn't an easy one with 9 special ed kids of different abilities, but our recent sub was an absolute joy to have. She'll be back on Monday, but that will be it. I'd love to show our appreciation somehow. Any ideas?

3. allisonbeth

allisonbeth Comrade

Oct 7, 2005

If she is looking for a long term job, write her a letter of recommendation.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 8, 2005

Have the kids make her a card, maybe with self-portraits on it, then you write inside what it was that made her a great sub.

5. ctopher

ctopher Comrade

Oct 9, 2005

I like the letter idea....I'd write a letter outlining why the sub was so great. Give her a copy but also forward one to the principal and administrator and maybe even the sub caller if your school has one.

6. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Oct 9, 2005

The letter and recommendations is the best of the best ideas. I might add something special. I was gone this last week to a great workshop and I bought microwave popcorn and I'm going to share a bag of popcorn with those that covered for me. I found the cutest Halloween tag at www.teachingheart.net copywright www.countrygraphics.com It has cliparts on it and Halloween greeting. I also added my hand written Thanks. I have one for the secretary who made the arrangements, the principal for letting me attend and subs.

7. Metzgirl

Metzgirl Rookie

Oct 11, 2005

I always enjoy food and written words of thanks (or apology when required!) Those sound great!