Water table no longer available

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by WaProvider, Jul 5, 2008.

1. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Jul 5, 2008

:eek: My water table from years ago, was purchased from Lakeshore. It has the blue table around the clear insert with wheels on the two legs and not on the other two. The basin only has the plain plug not the drain type with pluming pieces underneath.

In Lakeshore I can't find this table or it's insert anymore.

Does anyone know where to get one-our insert broke.

:help:

3. Prekfreak

Prekfreak Rookie

Jul 5, 2008

My mat. leave sub couldn't find my plug and rolled up some paper towels to use, but she only did beans and then sand while I was gone. You could try to get a piece of cork though.

4. vbubbles1874

vbubbles1874 Companion

Jul 5, 2008

I have used an old wine cork. I have also used a bubble bottle turned upside down. The little ones you get at weddings and stuff.

5. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Jul 5, 2008

miscommunication

:sorry:Oh, sorry it isn't actually the plug that is broken. It is the lip that supports the tub on the table.

I was using the plug to describe which table it is.

6. forkids

forkids Cohort

Jul 7, 2008

My table sounds very similar to yours. Is it the square shaped one, about 21" X 21"? It is available from Childcraft, Kaplan, Teacher's Discount, and other school supply companies. Look online if you don't have catalogues. Teachers Discount has the cheapest price. Their website is tdbestprice. I don't know how to do a link. I don't know about replacing the tub, but mine is cracked on the lip that holds it on the tub also - a teacher sat on it - so let me know if you find out about a replacement in case mine gets worse. It's pretty tough so I hope it holds up even with the crack.

7. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Jul 7, 2008

Thanks

8. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jul 10, 2008

We don't have clear inserts but we have water tables with metal frames and blue inserts that go in them that have drains in them. The best thing to do if you can't find the same table is to do some measuring and see if you can find a tub that is the same size from a different company. We actually had to get creative one year and got a parent that does handy work to make a table top out of wood that could set on top of the frame we had and he cut our an opening in the top that would fit the inserts we coudl find.--Just an idea.

9. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Jul 10, 2008

oh, that is a good idea. did he sand or curve the edges? or is just a quick rough cut? i think that may work. do you find it tippy and dangerous? how did you secure?

10. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jul 11, 2008

he rounded the edges with a sanderand it wasn't tippy or dangerous. He made it wide enough that it came jsut past the outside edges and he added a trim piece all the way around that made a lip so the insert couldn't move back and forth. we didn't secure it as he made it with a wide enough lip that it couldn't fall through or move back and forth and that way we can just pick it up and carry it outside to hose it out or whatever. I hope you can visualize it---I'm not sure i'm expalining the lip part very well--almost looks like it has a groove made into the bottom of the table top except it's actually two pieces of wood about an inch thick that have about an inch of space between them and the frame sits inside it.

11. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Jul 11, 2008

oh, i get it now, I didn't see the lip of added wood. I saw a flat board with a hole balancing. I get it now. Thanks. sounds like a great plan. those tables are expensive to replace just due to the insert going out of vouge!