Watches!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 22, 2008

I love watches, I hv about 15. I love the large-faced, round watches, many times w/o #s. The skeleton watches are also great (that show all the inside mechanism). I'll wear a man's watch because they're bigger as long as they don't look too mannish. The dainty ones are not for me. My aunt left me a Movado when she passed away in Aug. I always wanted one.

Not that I want this, but in a watch magazine I was looking through, there was a Swiss co. brand, Romain Jerome, md from metal from the Titanic. This co's also md watches md from moon dust. Now, you can imagine how much those sell for!

Post your faves!

Here's some I like:

A couple of Fossils:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An Ecko:
    [​IMG]

A Movado I like:
    http://www.movado.com/Details.aspx?Id=womens&watchType=Womens&watchCode=&watchId=606096&page=4

Here's another (men's):

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...6&cmCat=cat000000cat2830732cat000264cat540731

3. teachingforgod4

teachingforgod4 Rookie

Nov 22, 2008

Im crazy about fossil watches. Lol I consider my self a collector of their watches. Fossil's boyfriend watches are really cute.

4. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

Nov 22, 2008

I love watches too! I started out with an ESQ, then got a Movado and a Tissot. All were great. Then I bought an Omega and now I'm saving up to get a Rolex Day Date. I was really trying to get it for a while, until the new released ones came out; the worker called me and said it was $20,000. Then I was like, **** it; that's just too much to spend on a watch. So i'll probably save up later to get their Date Just, which should be under $10,000.

own this
    [​IMG]

want to add this
    [​IMG]

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 22, 2008

I got myself a nice one in Disney World in August-- it was the one "big" souvineir I wanted.

It's gold on silver, with "hidden mickeys" forming the links. Unless you look pretty closely, you would just assume it's a dress watch.

I love it!

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 22, 2008

Isn't it interesting how in all watch photos, they show the time 10:10? Well, maybe not ALL, but many times.

I'm on the hunt now for an all white, metal band watch. They're nice & crisp.

7. cosmoteach

cosmoteach Rookie

Nov 22, 2008

Let me know if you come across any gold/trendy watches. My wedding ring is gold and I like to match them. I am having trouble finding stylish ones though.

8. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Nov 22, 2008

[​IMG]

9. Writer's Block

Writer's Block Companion

Nov 22, 2008

Ms. I,
    I read a loooooooong time ago that watches are set at 10:10 in ads and in the stores (assuming the battery is not in) because it is a "happy look" for the watch. It's a marketing gimmick to show the watch in a happy, open state.

Just my :2cents:

On another note, the Rolex is TO DIE FOR! It's beautiful!

10. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Nov 22, 2008

I have never worn watches but a few months ago I bought myself a silver Dolce and Gabbana. It has a mirrored face and surrounded by diamond crystals.I love it but it has taken me awhile to learn how to read it because it has no numbers.

11. teachingforgod4

teachingforgod4 Rookie

Nov 22, 2008

Ann Klien have very nice stylish watches. I believe they can be found at Dillards or Belk. They have pretty gold watches. I bought my mom one a few years ago. Im very pleased with the quality.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 22, 2008

cosmoteach, there are a lot of great watches all over. Look at Macy's, Nordstrom, other dept stores, watch retailers. There are a ton of nice brands out there: Fossil, Anne Klein, Guess, Movado, even Swatch. It depends on what price range you want!

Writer's Block, yes the time 10:10 is very spacially balanced between the 2 hands.

Kat53, that's nice! I remember my 1st watch that had no #s, I was in elementary school, I believe. It was a Guess watch. I also had this colorful Swatch watch back then that didn't have #s.

13. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Nov 22, 2008

I don't wear watches...I hate having something around my wrists. Come to think of it, I'm not really a big jewlery person in general.