Waste of Money?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Genmai, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Genmai

Genmai Companion

Nov 13, 2010

3. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Nov 13, 2010

Going door to door asking people about how to improve education is a huge waste of money and time!!

4. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Nov 13, 2010

Aren't they volunteering?
    I see what you are saying. They already know what the problems are, so the money should be spent on the tasks of solving the problems.
    Such is life. Sometimes when people look busy and look involved IT can give out a "SEEN MESSAGE" of, "WE ARE ON IT & WE ARE DOING WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE!" You know the saying, "ACTION speaks LOUDER than words;:DOverrated, when used wrongly, is MOO. (my own opinion)
    Rebel1

5. Chalk

Chalk Companion

Nov 13, 2010

YA lets not get the input of the parent/constituents after all what does a bunch of no nothing parents have to offer that we the high and and all educated ivory tower city council could not have though of first.:rolleyes:
    Its not as if this republic was founded on citizen discourse and new ideas brought in my the middle class....

If the parents demand better teachers than the council should be obligated to do what ever is necessary to get and retain better teachers. If the parents want more after school programs than the council had better darn well find a way to put new and better after school programs in place.

"Predictable results" would indicate to me that they already knew about the problems and made no efforts to address them. Here is an idea Replace that clearly inept council.

(mY GOD I hate elitist poloticians so much!:mad::mad::mad:)

6. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Nov 13, 2010

You know... I might agree that it is... but if they do it in a comprehensive way (with a plan for what kind of data they want, what they plan to do with the data when they get it), then I wouldn't rail against it until I saw the results. And I would like to know what specifically comes of it.

Cuz I agree: half the people you ask are clueless. But if you can effectively weed out those, I'm sure you'll get some passionate, well thought-out responses too. Hopefully they aren't just doing this as some half-assed, public relations effort... and that their goal is to actually use this to improve education.

7. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Nov 13, 2010

Some parents can barely raise their child (emotionally support them, intellectually stimulate their brains, feed them properly, provide shelter, medical care, etc). I highly doubt many of them have a clue when it comes to properly educating a child.

Waste of time, energy, and money too. :(

8. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Nov 14, 2010

CONGRATS on the set date for the BIG :hugs:day!
    Rebel1