Wasn't feeling it...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by storyh, Jul 3, 2008.

1. storyh

storyh Companion

Jul 3, 2008

I had an interview today with a headstart program. The pay is decent, though a little less that what I make now and it would be closer to home. However, after the interview I just wasn't feeling it, and don't believe the job would be a good fit. As much as I have fought it, I believe that the school where I am now is where the Lord intends me to be. What do you guys think?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 3, 2008

You know when a place is or isn't a good fit. I'm glad you have some direction. :)

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jul 3, 2008

I think you should trust your intuition.

5. merigold78

merigold78 Cohort

Jul 4, 2008

i agree w/miss frizzle - go w/your gut. i have found myself going against my intuition sometimes.....& almost always live to regret it! you know where you are supposed to be. good luck w/your decision :). happy 4th, everyone!!

Meri

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 4, 2008

You know what is right for you. If you aren't feeling the school, then you probably won't be happy there. Good luck! Keep applying because that perfect job is out there!

7. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 4, 2008

If you don't feel like it's the right place for you I wouldn't do it either, unless you absolutely need a job closer to your home. Knowing where you don't want to be is just as important as knowing where you want to be.

8. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Jul 5, 2008

Trust what you're feeling and keep praying about it. :)

9. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 5, 2008

I've felt that too. The first school I interviewed with felt like home...and when I didn't get the job I was so sad, and didn't believe it. I just knew that is where God wanted me. The other 2 places I interviewed at didn't feel right at all. Thankfully, the first school called with a new job opening...and offered it to me :)
    Just have faith. :)

10. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 5, 2008

can we trade?

I know the feeling!

I'll trade you two offers for Head Start, and one on-line charter school assessment for sp. ed, k-2, for your job interview! :rolleyes:

For some reason, a lot of places are offering jobs, but not following thru.

If if don't look right, smell right, feel right...it ain't right!

Nothing worse than trying to get paid by a job that falls thru!!!

Oh yeah, and...starting over again.

Really wears on your self esteem...

and your pocket!

Trust your gut instincts!

11. Teacherella

Teacherella Habitué

Jul 5, 2008

Definitely go with your instinct. I have a problem overanalyzing situations and it's sometimes hard to figure out what my instinct is telling me. If your gut is screaming loud and clear what you need to do then you're lucky! :)

12. storyh

storyh Companion

Jul 5, 2008

Thanks everything! I had a feeling what yall would say, just needed some reassurance. I know what I have to do. I have to find the courage to say thanks, but no thanks IF they offer me a job. If they don't that will make it easy! :) Love yall, mean it!

13. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 5, 2008

What is really hard is knowing you need to eat, and accepting something too soon. You are literally jumping from the frying pan into the fire! I think having a cooling off, venting, suffering, get back on your feet, and now have your-eyes-wide-open feeling makes it easier to judge those jobs.

Another poster is asking similiar question about salary and job offers. I tell you, if you need to make x amount of money just to get to work every day, and you need y amount for monthly expenses alone, it doesn't make sense to take a job that pays less or the same amount of x+y.

Hey, I remember algebra!

I can't make $400 a week if my mortgage is $725! Your debt to income ratio says you should never pay more than 25-30% of your weekly income on housing expenses. If you do, that means you must use two checks every month to pay mortgage, and only have a little left. That is NOT good!

14. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 7, 2008

The charter school called me again today. It was a different person, so I thought it was a different school. She got my letter, and I was all excited until she told me the name and her recruiter. I don't feel like I should take the online assessment. Not really interested in teaching 30 kids in k-2 class for $10k less than average job. Not really fair at all. Can't bring myself to even consider it.

Am I wrong for treating them like the other jobs have been treating me.....

Keep them wondering???