Washable Whiteboard Paint on a chalkboard?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MrsLilHen, Nov 7, 2007.

1. MrsLilHen

MrsLilHen Comrade

Nov 7, 2007

I have these tubes of paint for whiteboards... Like 6 different colors. I think I got from Really Good Stuff or someplace a few years back. I want to use it on my chalkboard... and I'm wondering if anyone has done that... I am testing it today in a little area... and it does wash off.. but I'm worried that if I leave it on (I want to use it to create a calendar on the blackboard) it will seep in or something... and leave a stain...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Nov 7, 2007

I've seen liquid chalk that you could use on chalkboards.

Could you put up a small one that you buy somewhere else in the room so you don't have to worry if it does stain?

I've only used the whiteboard paint on whiteboards, so I don't know how the paint will react to chalkboards.

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Nov 7, 2007

What about buying some showerboard from your local hardware store and using that?

5. MrsLilHen

MrsLilHen Comrade

Nov 7, 2007

Well, I put it on the chalkboard (man it looks cool!) I'll try washing off a section tomorrow, and a section next week to see how it goes. I made this huge calendar to help my kids see the "big picture"

I might have to look into the liquid chalk... The whole point is that I want something that will stay on if I erase the regular chalk. Hopefully I won't be in trouble!