Wash. DC hotel recommendations wanted!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Jul 11, 2013.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jul 11, 2013

we would like to try to stay around $100 night for a safe area and comf hotel likely by the historical sites but we plan to do a tour once there.

recs welcome!

3. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2013

I am just posting so your post does not feel lonely. (and to keep it near the top of the list ;) )

4. TeachingHistory

TeachingHistory Companion

Jul 11, 2013

We stayed in Arlington VA right next to a metro stop. My half of the room was around $65 if I remember correctly. It may have been a Holiday Inn, but I could be wrong. We went twice several years ago in the dead of winter. The Metro is easy to navigate.

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 11, 2013

I've stayed at Washington Plaza. The plus for that one was the huge pool. I was there in the middle of summer with lots of kids.

I also stayed at a Clarion downtown. It's a Clarion-owned hotel, but may not have been an actual Clarion. Big red brick building downtown. Walking distance to the National Mall.

I'm not sure of price. I was with groups both times I've visited. They were good for our needs. Nothing spectacular, but served the purpose. We were in the room very little.

6. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Jul 11, 2013

http://www.hotel-harrington.com/

We stayed here when I went to Washington DC with my son's 6th grade class. It was fairly decent...not very expensive, but a great location.