Was postive now not so much...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by txmomteacher2, May 8, 2009.

1. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 8, 2009

Well I really thought I had the job from my interview on Wednesday. I nailed that interview!!! In fact the principal had to practically throw me out of the interview room things were going that great!! I was in there almost an hour. They really seemed impressed, I had great repore(sp?) it was a dream interview. There expectations of kindergarten aren't nearly as high as the school I come from, it would have been the perfect mesh of my skills versus their way of thinking for kinder. I got the call this afternoon while I was subbing so I couldn't call be right away. The principal didn't leave me the dreaded we don't want you message. I was siked! So as soon as the last bell rang for the day I was on the phone calling her back. I didn't get the job. I was their second choice. They went with someone that had long-termed on the team. Of course they would pick her. She knows them, they have a relationship. In the words of the principal "she had proven herself" Well excuse me I have proven myself all ready too. I have taught an entire year where the expectations were sooooo much higher and I did a good job for a first year kinder teacher. Anyway so now I am back at square one looking for a freaking job for next year.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

3. erudite

erudite Rookie

May 8, 2009

I'm sorry to hear that, you probably find a job in no time

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 8, 2009

That's too bad :( Well, if another job opens up at their school maybe you will be their FIRST choice!!!

5. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

May 8, 2009

So sorry, what a letdown. But, something will come along.

6. AFWifeinUtah

AFWifeinUtah Comrade

May 8, 2009

I'm sorry, txmomteacher2. I have been in your shoes. It apparently wasn't meant to be. You'll find something!

7. jspader02

jspader02 Rookie

May 8, 2009

that would depress me...i would rather not be told i was the second choice haha

it's still early...you'll land a job!

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 8, 2009

:hugs: txmom. I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully another position will open up in their school and will think of you.

9. AMB

AMB Rookie

May 8, 2009

I've been #2 many, many times. One step closer to #1 at the school that is perfect for you.

10. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 8, 2009

I'm sorry, txmom.

11. melissa803

melissa803 Comrade

May 8, 2009

I'm so sorry! That stinks. Would you write a follow up letter, "Thank you for the opportunity to interview... if you have any later openings..." Or pass your name along to another principal...

Just a thought...

At least you can go into your next interview knowing that you have nailed one before!

Well hope you are spending this Friday night having a glass of wine, a good movie or a pint of ice cream!

12. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

May 9, 2009

I am sorry that you did not get the job.

13. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

May 9, 2009

meslissa803 is right -- write a wonderful thank-you note. Let them know you are still very interested in teaching at that school and that you hope they keep you in mind.

Trust me, they will remember the classy and professional way you thanked them, and so they WILL remember you when the next opeing comes around.

14. frogger

frogger Devotee

May 9, 2009

:hugs:

15. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 9, 2009

Thanks guys for all your support.
    I will right another Thank you and this time send it in the reg mail.

Unfortunately I spent my evening crashing into bed. It had been a tremendously long week dealing with family funeral, interview and then subbing too so no chocolate or wine, BUT maybe tonight. My dad brought me 6 bottles from my favorite vineyard in Wisconsin.

16. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

May 9, 2009

You will find the job that was meant to be yours. That one wasn't it. Like everyone said, it's still early. :)

17. duygu

duygu Rookie

May 9, 2009

I am sorry. I know what you feel. I had an interview last week. I am also a foreigner it makes me scared! I think it went well too but you never know what they think. I don't know if I can handle to hear no this time:( It's still early I guess so we need to wait and see:(

18. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

May 9, 2009

;)So sorry to read this TxMom.
    You will find something soon and KEEP THE NETWORKING thingy going on. Now that you know these people, keep them posted about what your intentions are. THEY MIGHT know of someone WHO CAN HOOK YOU UP for the next available job. I was told at one of our Resume/Job workshops that about 85% or more of the JOB OPENINGS are not posted BECAUSE SOMEONE WHO KNEW SOMEONE, GOT IT. It goes to show that NETWORKING is the best way to look for a job. My last job as a PRE-K teacher in CA was practically handed to me because I knew the Director. She worked with me at the last :eek:place we both left. She bugged me for the longest time about coming to work for her.
    KEEP the NETWORKING THINGY alive!
    It's who you know, that can get you into the show.:D
    Now! ANY DIRECTORS, PRINCIPALS, etc., ON BOARD WHO CAN HOOK UP SOME OF OUR POSTERS WITH JOBS?:) :cool::D :)lol:! This is only a TEST of your SENSE OF HUMOR!:))
    Good luck,
    Rebel1