Warrior Dash

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by FarFromHome, Jan 22, 2012.

1. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jan 22, 2012

Has anyone heard of or done a Warrior Dash before? It's a 5K race with 12 different (and muddy) obstacles during the race. My husband and I are talking about doing this when he gets back. I know I can do the running part easily-the obstacles are what worry me! Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this!

3. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Jan 22, 2012

I do and know some people who have done this. I wouldn't do it...of course, I have never participated in a race before. I think it is a pretty exciting course for those who have done this.

I would go and watch one then maybe do the next year's race? OR..just decide to do it!

4. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jan 22, 2012

My 23 year old daughter did one last fall; she loved it and while she had no trouble withe obstacles they did have two choices on some of the more difficult challenges.

5. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jan 22, 2012

One of my son's friends posted that he wanted to do the Warrior Dash on fb. My son liked the comment. So I googled it. The one that I looked at showed you what the obstacles were. It looked interesting & fun if you were into that type of thing. I'm not. But I could see where my teenage son & his friends would be.

6. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jan 22, 2012

My husband's friend from work did this with his wife. It has become a big teasing thing because the husband barely made it and the wife left him behind and beat him by over an hour. Apparently some of the challenges require some thinking too :p

7. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jan 22, 2012

I had wanted to do one with some of my neighborhood friends in June but it's the same day as my daughter's dance recital. I hope to do a similar one though, I think it sounds fun.

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jan 22, 2012

These always look great! We're waiting until there is one close enough to us that we don't need a hotel room-we don't want all the mud in there. I think there might be one this spring near us that we can do with friends. I would say go for it. I've heard that people are great about helping you over walls, ect.

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 22, 2012

My husband and I are wanting to do a Tough Mudder (which sounds a lot like this) whenever he gets back too.

10. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jan 22, 2012

Thanks everyone! I think we'll most likely sign up. We're wanting to do more active things together when he comes home, and this will definitely be active!

11. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jan 22, 2012

A few people I'm close to have...looks quite dreadful to me. :)

12. summersky

summersky New Member

Jan 22, 2012

I've done a Tough Mudder and a Survivor Mud Run (but not a Warrior Dash). I really liked them! It's so much more fun than just running, but they can be challenging. Just make sure you train and prepare for it! :) I did lots of running stairs and body-weight workouts (burpees, squats, pushups, etc.).

13. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Jan 22, 2012

I did Spartan Race and Beach Palooza...so much fun!!! Also bc we did it with a group of friends, I loved Beach Palooza more bc you didn't need a lot of upper body strength- there were cargo nets and stuff but no 6 and 8 feet walls- that would have been impossible for me without friends to hoist you over.

14. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jan 22, 2012

I've started some weight training since Christmas and I'm in a boot camp right now in addition to my running. Hopefully if I keep up with those things, then I'll be able to do the obstacles! I'm mostly worried about the ones that have climbing walls. I've always had trouble pulling up my body weight.