Warrant for my arrest?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MissFroggy, Mar 24, 2008.

1. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Mar 24, 2008

Today I was driving home from work and I got pulled over. I was going the speed limit, using turn signals, everything, so I couldn't figure out why I was being pulled over.

Anyway, the cop comes to my window and is very firm and demanding. I was a little taken back, but complied, and asked why I was pulled over. She said to give her the information and she would tell me. I gave her the registration, license, insurance card and waited.

She came back and told me that there was a woman with my NAME same MAKE OF CAR, HEIGHT, WEIGHT and COLORING with a warrant out on her... not only that, but we were born in the same YEAR and the same day. The only thing different was the birth MONTH!!! OMG! How crazy is that???

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Mar 24, 2008

Could someone have stolen your identity?? That sounds to close to be real. I would have been scared to death!!!

4. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Mar 24, 2008

I can hear the music playing while she pulls you over.

"Bad Froggy,Bad Froggy...what you gonna do when they come for you"

Were you also wearing daisy dukes, bruises on your thighs, while your kid was in the back without a carseat?

5. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Mar 24, 2008

Maybe, except that my name is probably the most common name for my generation. My first name was the #1 most popular for the year I was born, and my last name is one of the most common name in the US.

6. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 24, 2008

:rofl: OMG! I needed that! :rofl:

I should add that what happened is scary and I am sorry it happened to you. Did they just pull you over because of your car?

7. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Mar 24, 2008

That's scary. It's a good thing that she was born in a different month or else you probably would have had to pull out every kind of identification that you could possibly find.

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 24, 2008

That was really something! My heart would have been pounding! Although it could have been ID theft, there's so many people in the world, that I'm sure someone out there looks just like us.

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 24, 2008

Same thing happened to me once. The other person had my same birth date. I was advised not to drive and to go to motor vehicle to straighten it out. The woman was from the west coast of Florida. It was a mess, but I got it taken care of. Very scary. They could have taken me to jail.

10. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Mar 24, 2008

Your name must be Jennifer Smith.

11. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Mar 24, 2008

That is exactly what I thought!

Did you at least ask what the person did? I would have been curious what it was - this would be your chance to do the same thing and get away with it :whistle:

12. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Mar 24, 2008

OMG- that was the first name I thought of. I wonder if it is some kind of ID theft.

13. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Mar 24, 2008

I'm changing my vote to Jennifer Jones or Sallie Smith.

14. Lesley

Lesley Habitué

Mar 24, 2008

To be on the safe side get a copy of your credit report and check into ID theft. If it were me, I would look into buying a totally different car! Hope that does not happen again to you.

15. jw13

jw13 Groupie

Mar 24, 2008

I should add that I am sorry that this happened to you. I am a little giddy...I am watching 4 kids right now for 5 days:eek:.

It seems like we are seeing a string of ID thefts on the threads lately. I hope this is easily resolved. :(

16. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Mar 24, 2008

How scary. Good thing you were doing everything correct. Yikes.

17. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Mar 24, 2008

That was my thought too. My heart would have come out of my chest just to have a cop stop me. Nevermind why.

18. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2008

When my brother was born, another person with our last name (which isn't too common) also had a baby a couple days later, while my mom was still in the hospital, and gave him the same first name. My brother's middle initial is an R and his is a P (easy to make a mistake when writing). The nurse's used to JOKE about whether or not they had the right baby. Could you imagine, they could never get away with that now. Luckily my brother weighed 11 lbs when he was born so clearly it was the right one.

Anyway, similar things have happened to my brother, because this kid ended up being a pretty bad kid and getting arrested several times. Once my brother got pulled over for speeding and they tried to arrest him for violating parole. They even have similar SSNs since they got them around the same time. The kid even registered at a hospital under my brother's ID and his insurance got charged for this other kid's stab wound from a knife fight!

19. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 25, 2008

MissFroggy, I would have been so afraid! I hope that you can get this straightened out soon and won't have to worry abou this again.

:lol: That's too funny, Tasha!

I can't believe some the stories on here. That is scary!

20. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 25, 2008

We should all sign up for that Life Lock program for $10 a month that covers fraud up to $1 million. I plan to!

I've already been using a paper shredder for yrs. I don't like throwing away anything that has any part of my personal info on it.

21. dolphinswim

dolphinswim Companion

Mar 25, 2008

Scary!

I thought the same thing about your name as the others...I actually am in the same boat with the first name. I graduated with 18 Jennifer's and two of them were Smith's!

22. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Mar 25, 2008

I know a Jennifer Smith... lol

That would be soooo scary!! I bet your heart was racing! Mine would have been. I would have needed clean underwear, too!

23. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Mar 26, 2008

Perhaps your brother might consider legally changing his first name?

24. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Mar 26, 2008

My first thought was Lisa Smith. Seems I've known more Lisas than Jennifers.

25. Lesley

Lesley Habitué

Mar 26, 2008

Make sure your read everything about Life Lock. We did Loud Siren instead.

26. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008

I'm afraid I would have just cried and given a blabbering confession to any time I'd ever been speeding.

I'd take earlier advice too and get my credit report checked and see about taking other security measures.