Walden University

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by mstnteacherlady, Dec 21, 2009.

1. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Dec 21, 2009

Has anyone taken classes at Walden University? I am really seriously considering entering into a Master's program with Walden and wondered about some of the programs. I am interested in hearing what others think / thought of the different programs and would like to hear about different experiences people have had. TIA! :)

Happy Holidays!!!!

3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Dec 21, 2009

Walden University was a very popular master's program when I lived in Georgia. I think a lot of them liked the fact that they enrolled teachers who lived in the same county in the same classes thus allowing teachers to meet to do their assignments together.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 21, 2009

I'll graduate in Feb with my masters in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment. I have loved every bit of it!

5. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Dec 21, 2009

STG, I thought about the Reading and Math program or the CIA program. I'm honestly (and I don't like to admit this) scared of the math part of the first option, but I think I would enjoy the program. It would also address some of the needs in our school system. I know my math and I can teach it, but math classes scare me.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Dec 21, 2009

I have gotten so much out of the CIA program, and most of the things that were covered in the courses are starting to happen in our school so I will definitely be using what I've learned!

7. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Dec 26, 2009

I have taken classes with Walden and thought they were great, then our District decided they were not going to reimburse us for them!