Waiting.... when do I call?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by SwOcean Gal, Jun 14, 2011.

1. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Jun 14, 2011

So I work in the district and applied for a position. Had the interview last week- said decision for second rounds should be made by Friday- last Friday. It is now Tuesday, have not heard anything. I am planning on calling tomorrow. So what would you advise I do and what should I say?

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 14, 2011

If you don't hear anything by tomorrow, give them a call late in the work day.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 14, 2011

No news is generally not good news.:(

5. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Jun 14, 2011

Yeah, I know. Good practice- worth a shot- wouldn't know unless I tried. I am happy either way- I have an amazingly incredible job, that I absolutely LOVE. In a way, it was breaking my heart thinking of leaving.

Thanks mopar- I will. I know my school is jumping and it is district-wide- all the insanity, so I am kind of thinking they actually are that behind. At any rate, I do want to call and find out for sure. Any suggestions? Just brief and to the point would probably be best, right?

6. elateacher4life

elateacher4life Cohort

Jun 14, 2011

It's good you have a job to fall back on--this would be icing on the cake. Best wishes.

7. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Jun 14, 2011

Yeah- ela that is pretty much it- that is exactly what it is. Thanks! That is the way I looked at it going in there- I studied/prepped myself, did everything I could do, it was one of the most relaxed interviews I have been on, very laid back and chit-chatty- like. Thanks!

8. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 15, 2011

I would simply ask where they are in the hiring process. Keep it short and simple.

9. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Jun 15, 2011

I'm curious, what did you apply for? I believe you teach K now, right?

10. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Jun 15, 2011

I do teach K and I absolutely love it. This was also for a k position. I did exactly what you suggested Mopar- it is good to know. Although, I was told everyone would be gotten back to by Friday and second rounds would occur later this week, I called and was told that someone has already been given the job. So much for second rounds and so much for calling back! Whew- that tells me I sure did not want that job and that I really am where I need to be and happily. I love where I am. Yay!

11. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 15, 2011

Sorry it didn't work out, but glad you have a great job already!

12. SwimPenumbra

SwimPenumbra Rookie

Jun 15, 2011

checked the website?

I guess it depends on the principal. Some said they would tell you, but wouldn't do nothing; or some may shoot you an e-mail. I guess to check the availability of the job posting on the district's website is another option. If it is not there anymore, that just means they picked someone over you, so no need to call; but if not, you can call.