Waiting to hear back is so hard!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Oregon Teacher, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Oregon Teacher

Oregon Teacher Rookie

Jul 11, 2013

I had an interview for a position that I think I'd be a really good fit for early last week. The principal said he would be checking references soon, but with the 4th being last week, he didn't think many people would be around to get back to him until this week. He also said that he would definitely get back to each of the candidates by the end of this week either way. I still haven't heard anything. I think there were only four people interviewed, but I also feel like my chances of getting the position are going down as time passes. It is just so hard waiting for an email or phone call.

3. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 11, 2013

I'm sorry :( Hopefully the P keeps his word and gets back to you either way. But, remember, with the 4th being last week, some people may have extended vacations and he may not have been able to reach everyone he needs to talk to yet. :hugs:

4. MsDouglas

MsDouglas Rookie

Jul 11, 2013

I'm waiting with you. My interview was only yesterday. I have another one tomorrow which will be very interesting. The P of a middle school saw that I interviewed with the high school and called me today. Apparently she just got word yesterday that one of her teachers wasn't returning.

I am patient when it comes to my students but I am the most impatient person.