Waiting to hear back after interview... thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by speechteach57, Jul 17, 2020.

1. speechteach57

speechteach57 New Member

Jul 17, 2020

Hi everyone!

Im an SLP. I interviewed at a public school in NY on June 22 with the principal, director of special ed, and 2 SLPs. Heard the following week from my references that they were contacted.

Then the following week after that, they asked me to do a second interview with the superintendent, assistant superintendent, principal, HR admin, and director of special ed. That happened this past Tuesday. I sent thank you emails to everyone a few hours after the interview. And naturally I forgot to ask when I should expect to hear back. UGH!

My question is, its been 3 full days. But... it seems like they've been moving very slow with the whole process anyway. When do you think it would be appropriate to follow up? I just want to know regardless what the decision is... its driving me crazy!!!

Thanks for the advice!

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2020

I wouldn't be worried yet. Most school districts are trying to figure out when/how they are going to open, how many teachers they will actually have when/if they open, budgets that have been severely covid strained, etc. If you haven't heard in a few days you might just drop them a note and see where they are at.

4. speechteach57

speechteach57 New Member

Jul 17, 2020

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking that too. Ive just heard too many times people usually get offered the job on the spot or within 24-48 hours. I thought them checking references was a good sign but now I'm guessing they did that for the top few candidates.

Guess it's all just a waiting game!!

5. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Jul 21, 2020

Most of the time when you meet with the superintendent you're in. But be patient. Keep looking but keep patient!

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 21, 2020

3 days is nothing. Just be patient.

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 23, 2020

Some places really are just slow. Give it time. It sounds like you made a good impression.