Waiting for the board approval.

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Alisha, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Jul 20, 2010

I hate waiting, haha. I got offered a job on Thursday; the school board met last night, but they do their final agenda revisions on Wednesday night so my employment wasn't included in the meeting. Now I have to wait until August 2nd to become official. I just want to get my keys and get into my classroom!

Whining done!:p

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 20, 2010

aaawww that stinks Alisha

No chance they will give you the keys before? When does school start?

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2010

awww...I know how much it sucks. I had the same problem when I got hired for my current job. Hugs. Hope the time flies by!

5. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 21, 2010

Alisha, I was able to get my keys before board approval.

6. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Jul 21, 2010

Alisha, that stinks. I know how much it doesnt feel "offical" until after the approval and you get your keys. I just got a job 2 weeks ago and I was approved and signed my contract. The P informed me that the classroom wont be ready to work in until the second week of August due to cleaning and remodeling. It stinks, I just want to see what it looks like! Hang in there, Aug 2nd is right around the coner.

7. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Jul 21, 2010

School doesn't start until the first week of September, so it isn't a big deal, I'm just excited to have my own classroom again! (And the first year I taught I didn't get into my classroom or see any curriculum until 2 days before school started, so I know I pull this off easily haha.)

Thanks for letting me know that you were able to get your keys before you were approved, maybe I'll give the P a call, the worst he'll say is that I have to wait (which I'm thinking I will because it's a fairly large district and they've always done things pretty much by the book).