Waiting for Credential!!

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Ms. I, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 19, 2006

The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing got my credential application back in January & I'm STILL waiting for the actual credential document to come to me!! This is creeping on 8 months now! Is this how long it normally takes?

I went to the Commission website & it says it's still pending. There's no direct contact info to check on this. How much longer do I have to wait?!

3. zoerba

zoerba Comrade

Jul 19, 2006

Ugh! I'll just be sending all of my stuff in tomorrow. I was told that (here in Alaska) they send you a card letting you know that they've received your materials but that they're not processed yet. You can then take this card to job interviews as proof that it's pending. Did you get anything like this?

I hope my certification doesn't take that long! My advice to you is to call and find out what's going on, pronto!

Good luck!

Chenelle

4. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jul 19, 2006

If you sent in your application back in January....that means you sent it in by regular mail and not electronically, right? I have no idea how long it will take! I sent mine in electronically and it took about 2 weeks to get mine. Did your University submit the app. for you? Maybe you could contact them and ask...sorry I'm not much help!

5. evil_twin2327

evil_twin2327 Rookie

Jul 19, 2006

I know that here in NJ you look at 2-5 months for a certification to come in (and that's if your university submits it). Without the university, it takes longer. They also have no direct contact info. There is a phone number to call between 3-5 two days a week, but it just rings. =P

Good luck! I was lucky enough to land a job where the district really pushed for the certification and I got it in less than 3 weeks.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 19, 2006

I'm in NJ too. 7 years ago I came from another state, picked u the extra PRAXIS test I needed and submitted all my paperwork. I waited MONTHS and MONTHS> Finally I got someone on the phone (a miracle in itself) and the guy said, 'oh let me check, yeah all your stuff is here I'll send your liscense out right away' He said things were so backlogged it took a phone call sometimes to have someone actually notice that your stuff was complete and needed to be 'rubber stamped':(

7. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jul 19, 2006

I found this e-mail address on the CCTC website. But who knows how long it would take for you to get a response? credentials @ ctc.ca.gov

8. Malcolm

Malcolm Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2006

If you submitted your application in January, they just haven't got to you yet. Current processing timeframes are here.

FWIW you don't need to have it in your possession to teach. You can start teaching on the basis of the C19 letter from your university. Your district can get you a temporary permit good until the credential comes through.

9. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jul 19, 2006

Did they still distribute C-19 letters in January? To my knowledge they are not used anymore (because of the new electronic process).

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 20, 2006

Thanks for your replies. My university submitted my documents for me & I got an email way back then from CCTC saying they got them on Jan. 27th. I did get my C-19 in mid-January, so I've been giving a copy of that to the districts I apply to. I guess I'll just have to be patient.