Waiting for Certificate of Clearance!

Discussion in 'New Teachers Archives' started by Creole38, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Creole38

Creole38 Rookie

Jun 28, 2005

:crosseyed

I've recently passed the CSET and have secured a job at a school I love and have discovered that my certificate of clearance is "pending". When I called the office there was a recording stating that it may take as much as 5 to 6 months or 75 days to process the clearance document. I'm worried that it will affect my employment. My university will not release my C-19 form until the clearance is processed. Anyone know any way around this or have had any experience with this catch-22?

3. luvmykids

luvmykids Companion

Jun 29, 2005

I am not familiar with everything in California but I hope it gets cleared up with out affecting you position!!

4. Loneil115

Loneil115 Rookie

Jun 30, 2005

Im in Missouri and it is a similar situation. Not 5 to 6 months thank God - but close. I have been waiting since the first of May and am still in a pending background check state. My new employer is aware of the situation and has assured me that they will have some form of certification to ensure that everything is legal for me to start teaching in August. They have my transcript, letter from the Dean stating that it is in process, and can access the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and see that it is in process. Maybe your district has the same possibilities?

5. Creole38

Creole38 Rookie

Jun 30, 2005

Actually I received the form in the mail today! Praise the Lord! I'd just gotten off of the phone with my academic counselor and she informed me that "we don't accept transcripts or the like in California"! Thank you all for posting! All I have to do now is have a physical and go down to sign my contract! Thanks! I sent my information in in March and just now got approved. It takes forever....word of warning to any who need it fast!

Thank you all!

6. Dalrose

Dalrose Rookie

Jul 1, 2005

Just wondering what school district? I also live in California.

7. TeachGrd1

TeachGrd1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2005

I was worried about my status also (in Missouri) but I checked online and they had my information processing this week. I checked today and it said completed. I am thinking that it should be coming in the mail next week. It seems like such a big relief when you know everything is final!

8. Creole38

Creole38 Rookie

Jul 2, 2005

School District is LAUSD. All certificates come from Sacramento so it doesn't really matter what the school district is. I'm just waiting for my C19 form from my university now. The only problem is that I already had to register for Professional Development courses and have to pay out of pocket because I haven't signed my contract yet.

9. Loneil115

Loneil115 Rookie

Jul 2, 2005

Mine says in process as well. (Missouri) The last date of action was I believe the 16th. What was yours? My contract is signed and everything is done, I just will feel so much better when it reads complete! Which district are you in?

10. TeachWildThings

TeachWildThings Comrade

Jul 6, 2005

I'm in CA & "in progress" & the funny thing is I found out I wasn't even suppose to be able to student teach without the clearance! I did get my
    C-19 though, they said it would state "pending clearance" but it doesn't.

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 6, 2005

I'm in NJ- 7 years ago when I transferred here I took my required tests since I was coming from another state and wasn't reciprocal. I sent everything in and waited and waited ......and waited. I finally got through somehow on the phone and asked them what the hold up was on sending my license. They actually said that they had such a backlog that they mailed out licenses when an applicant finally called about it!! Thank god I called- it could still be there if I hadn't!! Ahh, bureaucracy- no child left behind? How aobut no teacher left behind?