Waiting and Waiting. Do I call?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by brejohnson88, Aug 11, 2010.

1. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Aug 11, 2010

I am waiting to hear about when I can get to work in my classroom. School starts for us the 23rd with an open house and then the first day for the students is the 24th. I know I still have some time but I am getting really anxious just because I havnt seen my room and this is my first year teaching. They told me my room would probably be ready this week and they would call me when it is ready. So do I call or do I wait? I kind of feel like they forgot about me. I hate this waiting game! :whistle: I also have no idea about what type of curriculm we are using, or about how many students I will have or anything of that sort. I just kind of feel out of the loop but I also dont want to seem like the pushy type. :help:

3. CatieCat

CatieCat Rookie

Aug 11, 2010

Honestly...yes I would call. My first year of teaching I was told I would get a call when my room was ready. I never got the call, I waited like three weeks and then showed up to find out it had been ready for awhile.

4. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Aug 12, 2010

I would go visit the school and ask if you can get copies of the curriculum so you can begin planning. You can ask then if your room is ready.

5. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Aug 12, 2010

I was thinking of just taking a drive over and drop in, but its over 40 minutes away and they know I live that far away so I feel like it would be rude to just come by unannounced. Im going to call today. I guess the worst thing they can say is no its not ready yet. I just am anxious to get started. I see other peoples pictures on here and I just am imaging what my room looks like.

6. mom2mikey

mom2mikey Cohort

Aug 12, 2010

I would call and even if the room is not ready I would ask to come by and pick up some of the materials so you can at least get to planning even if you can work on setting up the room.

7. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Aug 12, 2010

I believe its pretty much creative curriculm in which we get to choose things we want to teach so I have planned tons and tons of units and things like that. I just wanted to have something prepared and I am so bored sitting at home!! Im going to see what they say and hopefully get in there and can start going through things and see if there are anything left over that can be used for plans for this year.