Waiting after an interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teachinIA4137, Mar 30, 2015.

1. teachinIA4137

teachinIA4137 Rookie

Mar 30, 2015

Hi all.

Just wondering if ANYONE ever hears back after interviews? I just had my third (first of this year, two last year) and I haven't heard anything, nor did the last two interviews contact me. I sent handwritten thank you's all three times. Nada. Granted, this interview was on Thursday BUT they did all the interviews that day. If I don't hear anything from this interview I am going to be so frustrated. That is just so RUDE to me! I had interviews for a daycare position this past summer and even they called to inform me they'd filled all positions! I'm beginning to wonder if this is typical for Iowa.

I'm just going on record here, if I ever become an administrator, I will never do this to interview candidates. No matter how busy I am! End rant....Sigh.

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 30, 2015

It is rude but unfortunately typical. :sorry:

4. bros

bros Phenom

Mar 31, 2015

I've received one letter in the mail and a few emails sent via applitrack if I wasn't chosen for a position.

But usually, I hear nothing back.

5. cupcakequeen

cupcakequeen Comrade

Mar 31, 2015

It's pretty typical, unfortunately. When I was looking for a job last summer I got one letter, one generic applitrack email, and one phone call out of 7 positions I applied for before I was hired.

The phone call was actually very nice. The interview was with the principal and vice principal and the VP and I really hit it off. He was a former EC teacher as well and we had a lot to talk about. When the principal chose another candidate with more experience working with students with behavior issues (which is what the position was) he called me because he said he wanted to make sure I knew that I had done really well in the interview and he was confident I would find a position somewhere. It was nice, and since this was about the 5th position I applied for and didn't get it kept me from losing my confidence.

But not hearing anything seems to be pretty typical. Keep applying, though, don't let it discourage you!

6. teachinIA4137

teachinIA4137 Rookie

Mar 31, 2015

Thanks! It's just annoying that after an interview where I know for a FACT there are less than 5 of us that they cannot find the time to let me know it's a "no"! I get that admins are VERY busy people, but they honestly want to try to say they "just don't have the time" to make a few 2 minute phone calls or type up an email? Gimme a break.

As for hearing back after just applying, I don't mind not hearing anything. After all, in my area some positions will get at minimum 100 applicants.

If I didn't care about wrecking my reputation, I'd email all the admins a presentation I did in college about professionalism and COMMUNICATION :p

7. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Mar 31, 2015

Not to make excuses, but sometimes an offer is made to one applicant, only to find out that they have had a change in status or a change of heart since the interview. It would be terribly awkward to go after someone who received a rejection letter and then tell them that NOW you would like to offer them the job. So until the last t is crossed and the last i is dotted on all contracts, rejections are usually on hold. By the time all of that is done, most applicants have moved on since they never heard back. Doesn't make it right, but I have seen how this plays out.