Wait?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by l8ybugmom, Jul 8, 2010.

1. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 8, 2010

Last Friday I went on an interview that I think went pretty well. The P and AP said they'd make a decision by the end of this week so they could recommend to the board on 7/12. I want to email but I am thinking I need to wait until at least tomorrow, right?

Again this waiitng is killing me but I'd rather be waiting for the results of an interview than not to have interviewed at all. At least I feel like I have have a chance.

3. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Jul 8, 2010

I would give them a call... no use waiting until tomorrow. :) Just let them know that you are anxious to see where they are in the decision-making process. Good Luck!

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 8, 2010

Call or send an emailing telling them you are still very interested in the position and add something positive you liked about the school/staff.

5. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Jul 8, 2010

Did you send a thank you note after the interview?

6. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 8, 2010

L8dybug - I thought you were going on vacation. Tell me again round about what part of the country you are in? I would go ahead and email. It has been almost a week and I would think that they made their final decision by now. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

7. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 8, 2010

I did go on vacation. I went to S. FL and now I'm going on a little road trip to GA. I live in TN. I'll email them and hopefully I'll have an answer soon

8. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 8, 2010

I hope you get some GREAT news!!

9. 2cutekiddos

2cutekiddos Companion

Jul 9, 2010

Sending good vibes your way!!! :)

10. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 9, 2010

Sending tons of job vibes to you! :D

11. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 9, 2010

Fingers and toes are crossed!

12. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 9, 2010

I feel like I'm riding the roller coaster with you!

13. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 9, 2010

I would email or call and I hope that you get some good news soon.

14. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 11, 2010

Any news yet? I guess tomorrow is more likely when you will hear something...

15. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 11, 2010

Well actually I got an email yesterday stating I did not get the position. I'm very tired of this. I just need some good news.

16. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 11, 2010

I'm sorry, l8ybugmom :hugs:.

17. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 11, 2010

I am so sorry. I have been rooting for you. I am sure that you were one of the top contenders! There will be another interview right around the corner. Just get back to the drawing board after your vacation! Good news will come soon. This is your year. I feel it. ;)

18. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 11, 2010

I am sorry that this happened to you. There is something out there that is a better fit for you.

19. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 11, 2010

:hugs: I'm sorry.

20. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 11, 2010

Oh no!:hugs: I had been checking the thread in the hopes you had gotten some great news. I am so sorry!! I def know how you feel and you just get tired of hearing it. The right job is on the horizon...I just know it!

21. collteach

collteach Comrade

Jul 11, 2010

I am so sorry! I definitely believe that things happen for a reason, and the PERFECT position will come your way!

22. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 11, 2010

I have to chime back in here on the "things happen for a reason" comment that was just made. I second that big time! I was so upset when two great opportunities went awry for me, but both would have presented some major issues for our family to contend with in the end. I also kept hanging on to this one, Christian school I interviewed with in June and was almost begging for them to call me with an offer. Well.....got a late night email from the P there last night (I was going to call him tomorrow morning to update my employment status since returning from our trip) saying they only had 5 kids coming back this year and he could offer me XXXX amount of money if I'd like to come for the fall. The pay wasn't even part time pay....let's leave it at that. Needless to say, I feel that opportunity didn't come through for a good reason, as it couldn't have sustained my family. Now....the job I did land was completely off my radar! I applied for it back in May and never heard a word until I got asked to interview at the end of June. I had forgotten about the school and that I even sent my application.....but it was the right fit for me and my family.

Keep your eyes open and head held up high....it's coming! :hugs:

23. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 11, 2010

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement. I am a big believer in things happen for a reason and the right job is around the corner from me. It is just hard to remember that when you get bad news. I am just worried that my non-renewal is holding me back.

24. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 11, 2010

Just start again on Monday with renewed effort, and know that this IS your year. Non-renewed or not - you can explain that, and go forward with your head high. You have come so close to landing that all important job that you just can't give up now. Fingers are crossed (all over A to Z) for the next opportunity! :thumb: PS- I do know how hard it is when you get the rejection email. It hurts. And it does still feel like rejection. But when you look at the fact that you GOT an interview, and that you had some great practice in the interview... consider it a stepping stone to the place where you are meant to be. It WILL happen with a little faith, a lot of hard work, and sometimes, a thick skin. :hugs:

25. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 11, 2010

Are you on non-renewal too?

26. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Jul 11, 2010

I was non-renewed last year as well and got a job right away. Please don't think of that as a deterrent. I was told by my college mentor "it's not you", and I kept that in my mind all summer long as I applied for new positions. Now I am at a better school district. Better things will happen for you, too,
    l8ybugmom! :D

27. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 11, 2010

Thanks, SCT. I always take the day that I get the rejection email to cry or be depressed, the next day I pick myself up and go forward.

MommyS, I was a fifth grade teacher this past year an I was non-renewed. This was my first year teaching. My certifcate is clear and renewable.

Katrin, I know it wasn't me or anything I could have helped. I worked hard for my students this past year and they learned. I think I rubbed my P the wrong way at some point this past year. You do give me hope!! :)

I know it just takes one yes....

28. 2cutekiddos

2cutekiddos Companion

Jul 11, 2010

So sorry l8ybugmom! :hugs:

29. anewstart101

anewstart101 Cohort

Jul 11, 2010

Sorry. . .

I was non-renewed a year ago to. . .come to find out it is common practice in my neck of the woods. . .

I took the time and added another special education credential--

A month afterwards I had two job offers --- I took a part time job -- which was really what I needed and an awesome job. . .

Now a year later I am pretty sure I am going to be a special education teacher in an autism classroom.

I have been doing this teaching thing for two years while I always got hired this is the first year

I will a job the first day of school. . . .

what a relief. . .

things do happen for a reason. . .I postponed my contract signing by two weeks and once resigned to working part time and picking up extra work

I get a job offer from a place I interviewed with almost two months ago . . .that is just awesome and in a classroom with students who have autism

meant to be. . .

things do happen for a reason. . .and you will get that job that is perfect for you