Wait Time

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by lionsmane, Jun 22, 2015.

1. lionsmane

lionsmane Rookie

Jun 22, 2015

Hi all,

I interviewed for a K position at a school last week, then interviewed in the same district but at a different school today. On my way back from the interview today, the K principal called to informally offer me the position at her school. She asked if I had any other interviews, and I told her about my interview today. She told me if the other principal made an offer, than I could choose between both.

She also said she was going to call district HR and the HR person would take it from here with the formal offer. How long does it typically take for HR to contact a candidate once a decision has been made? She called me around 10...and I've been on pins and needles ever since.

Thanks!

3. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jun 22, 2015

It may take a few days. This is the busiest hiring season of the year right now and HR has to go through lots of applications.

Good luck on the job!

4. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Jun 24, 2015

It took about 2 weeks for me until I got my nomination after my informal job offer. ALOT had to be cleared up. It happens. I cried of joy when I got the email :)

As I said last year with my situation, 99% chance it will be okay! Just a lot of patience is needed.