VP Anonymous

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ahsila, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Jul 11, 2008

I'm not sure who originally posted the topic that got my to check out vistaprint, but I should either thank or cuss that person. In the last month, I have made 4 orders of all kinds of things. I think some of the things I have ordered may help someone else, just like I'm sure many of you are more creative than I and if you would share your ideas, I could probably find things I could use but never would have thought of. So, I thought I'd start a thread that is basically an idea swap for the vistaprint-holics on this site. I know there are quite a few threads about various ideas, but I'm pretty obsessive compulsive and like the idea of having one place to get lots of ideas. So - here are some of the things I have done:

1 - Business card passes ~ I ordered business cards but instead of name, school, etc. I printed date, time out, time in, etc. I will keep these once the students return and if something happens in the bathrooms (my school is full of toilet-stuffers, so the toilets are forever overflowing), I can check the passes and see which of my potential offenders was out of the room during that time period.

2 - IEP reminders ~ I also printed IEP reminder cards (both in postcard and business card form). I have my name, phone, and e-mail on the card but instead of all of the extra (address, web, etc.) I printed date, time, location. I fill in the info and send the business card with my notice of meeting (at least 10 days notice) and the postcard three to four days before the meeting just as a backup.

3 - Contact stamps ~ I have a stamp that has Phone, USPS, Student and will stamp it onto all of my IEPs. That way, I have a quick check on parental notice for meetings. Parents not showing is a big problem at my school, so I keep track of EVERYTHING in the way of parental contact - this just makes it a bit easier.

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/teacher1628/

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 11, 2008

:lol: I made meeting reminder cards 2 years ago and loved them! I had to give them to another teacher when I left though because I had the name of the school and phone number on it :(

What exactly does USPS stand for?

4. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jul 11, 2008

Perhaps we can design VP Anonymous cards, order them from VP and pass out to members. :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  5. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Jul 11, 2008

USPS

USPS is United States Postal Service. We are required by our co-op to mail at least one notice of meeting... the other forms of notice are up to us but I find that a phone call and giving a sealed envelope to the student are the most effective ways (if I get a signed copy back, the student gets a no homework pass for one assignment so they have some motivation to hound their parent/guardian to sign the paper!)

6. adellesmama

adellesmama Companion

Jul 20, 2008

Thanks for the referral over here, ahsila :) I definitely need to join!

These ideas are pretty elementary, but they could be modified for older kids too...

One thing that I've done is make the business card-sized magnets into something that I can give the kids in recognition of a special day. I made some with a Dr. Seuss quote for Read Across America day and also some that said "Miss B thinks you're a second grade superstar!" that I gave them when they did something out of the ordinary. The kids really liked them and some of them kept them on their desks for quite a while before they took them home.

I just made "Welcome to Second Grade!" postcards that I'll be sending out to my new kiddos in a couple of weeks. Last year I wrote out the message by hand, and this year it was awesome to just write their name, sign mine, and address them because I had the message printed on them.

Another thing I've done is made the address labels into "From the Library of Miss B" stickers so I could mark all of my books in the class library. You could do the same thing with the stamps.

The business cards could also be used to make a homework pass card, which is something that a teacher of almost any level could use.

7. mrs.teacher5

mrs.teacher5 Companion

Jul 20, 2008

Okay I have a question about VP. The shipping charges seem very high. For example, $6 for a rubber stamper. Am I missing something. Do they do combined shipping?

8. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Jul 20, 2008

I think shipping does run a little high, but if you pick some of the basics (stamps, business cards, pens, sticky notes and such) the shipping doesn't go up that much when I order. I think it is better to order multiple items (even if you pay $10 for shipping on four or five items, it's cheaper than $5 to ship each individually).

9. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2008

I have found that the shipping is more reasonable if you order 5-7 things. I have not placed an order in almost 2 weeks. Hoping to not place another one. I did go over to a friends & helped her place one, and am going to another friends today. I don't think that counts towards my orders... (I feel like a junkie forcing my addictions on friends ha-ha).

10. ahsila

ahsila Companion

Jul 23, 2008

Ok... I just ordered a couple of things from VP and posted them to my photobucket account - which got me wondering how many other people on here have VP stuff on photobucket and if we all went and tagged our items with "Vistaprint" or "VP", how much else could we find? :D