VLCA

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by milteachwife, May 9, 2010.

1. milteachwife

milteachwife Rookie

May 9, 2010

I just got the results of my test and I passed. I surprised myself and got a perfect score on the reading section. One of the study tools I used to prepare for this test was the Kaplan GRE study guide. The VCLA's tough. The reading section is very similar to the reading passages on the GRE. I also thought the exam was long. I took the CBT so I didn't have a choice of doing the reading or writing section first. If you have a preference, that would be a good reason to take the paper test. By the time I completed the reading section I was pretty tired. I didn't put as much effort into the writing section, I just wanted to be done. Don't stay up to study for this test. You will need all your energy to make it through the exam. I think the VCLA is a basic skills test on steriods. :2cents:

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 9, 2010

Congratulations on passing, milteachwife!

4. Joshy

Joshy New Member

Jun 16, 2010

Congratulations. Can you tell me how to read the CBT percentage score?

5. milteachwife

milteachwife Rookie

Jul 15, 2010

I hope you passed too! :) It has been a while since I logged in... Now I'm waiting for the VRA results from the July 10th test date. I took the exam at Mount Vernon High School in Alexandria. Can you believe the power went out on us? I think we deserve a couple of extra points for the less than ideal testing environment. It was hot and muggy upstairs after the morning rain showers! I almost fell asleep during the exam.

6. 2bteachn

2bteachn Rookie

Aug 4, 2010

Congratulations on passing the VCLA, Like you I am waiting on my VRA test results.

7. TeachingLady

TeachingLady Rookie

Aug 21, 2010

Congrats on passing the VCLA.