Vistaprint

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by brett158, Aug 4, 2006.

1. brett158

brett158 Companion

Aug 4, 2006

I had seen several posts about www.vistaprint.com so I went and checked it out!! I got so much stuff for free I thought I was dreaming! I got return adress labels, 250 business cards, 50 magnet business cards (that I am going to give out to all the parents at the beginning of the year, so my number will be on the fridge!), 100 postcards with a education picture on the front and the back I just put Reminder! so I can send home durring the year to remind about meetings projects etc., self-inking stamps one with the schools address and the other one I put "please sign and return", notepad with my name and school address and phone number. All of it cost me about 20$ in shipping and handling!! I thought they would only let you get one of the free things but nope you can get as many as you want!! Also, I you can upload pictures for 2.99 SO I am going to take a picture of a landmark in the area to put on the front of a postcard THEN get 100 of the free postcards and use them in the postcard exchange I am doing this year...it will end up costing me about 5$ for all my postcards and I should have some left over for next year!! Anyway If you havent checked it out yet DO IT!!

Some people on another site had trouble finding the free postcards and magnets so:
    http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/spl...v=LeftItem&xnid=MarketingPromotion&dng=102200
    http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/spl...v=LeftItem&xnid=MarketingPromotion&dng=102200

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 4, 2006

Feels like Christmas when you're five!!! I love it.

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 5, 2006

I love this site!!! I've gotten lots of freebies this year...and I did the same thing with the magnets:) I got lots of compliments last year on the business cards too.

5. jd019

jd019 Companion

Aug 5, 2006

Problem with magnets?

Has anyone else had a problem with their magnets? Mine seem to be having a slight problem- they are NOT sticking to things that they should be! So it turns out that my magnets are very pretty but not so magnetic.

6. Bonnie gr. 2

Bonnie gr. 2 Companion

Aug 5, 2006

When I looked yesterday they came up free. Today they are not.

7. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 5, 2006

Q: "Has anyone else had a problem with their magnets?"

I just read your message so I reached over to grab the magnets I just received in the mail. Turns out you're right - they are not super-duper magnetic. They are more for looks or reference, not to hold any paper. I still love them though! :)

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 5, 2006

They don't hold up more than a single piece of paper; they're mostly decorative.

But oh, so cute! I've used them as party favors, in my Christmas cards, as tutoring business cards. I LOVE them!

9. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 5, 2006

:) I had to pull out my magnets and try them, too. They aren't very strong, but they hold. I put my contact information to send home with the parents. I finally got all my stuff. (Labels, stamps, post cards, business cards, magnets...and I really feel like I need to go check out the page again! :D)

10. dolphinswim

dolphinswim Companion

Aug 5, 2006

You will need to be careful of the "offers" that vistaprint gives at the end of their order process. There have been a few people that clicked something and now they are being debited anywhere from 9.99 to 29.99 a month for something they have no idea they signed up for.

http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=21545&highlight=vista+print

If that link does not work just search Vista print and look at the other posts about it. I love the stuff I got and I did not take them up on their extra offers but I am still checking my account very carefully, they are sneaky from what I have read of others!

11. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 5, 2006

I've shopped from there several times and only click what I want. I've managed to avoid all the problems. I just ordered (again) and was so excited about the business cards. I am always having to stop and write a note to the office on why I'm sending that child up. I printed business cards that are Ms F's Office Pass. I listed the main reasons I normally send a child, and then left room to write if it was something else. Now I just pull the card, check, sign and send. That way I can save my Post-it notes for the important stuff! :D

12. AnonyMS

AnonyMS SpEd Para! BASE room aide! RTI Facilitator!

Aug 9, 2006

13. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 10, 2006

Their freebies change from week to week. Keep going back, and check their "specials" key.

And if you sign up for email, they'll let you know about the constantly changing specials.

14. luvmykids

luvmykids Companion

Aug 10, 2006

Please be careful about what you click on from that webpage. I irdered the "free" business cards a year ago and am still battling the fraud companies who keep taking money from my checking account. Please read every little bit of fine print you see. This is a HUGE NATIONWIDE scam!