Vistaprint freebies

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Aliceacc, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 10, 2006

I order all the time from www.vistaprint.com but only their freebies!

For example, right now one of their specials is a free rubber stamp. I've already ordered one saying "Please show work"-- I think now I'll order one saying "Please have this signed". I've also ordered their personalized note paper-- "From the desk of Mrs A.."

Other good uses for their stuff:
    -When address labels are free: Search their images (they have zillions) for something appropriate, and "Great job" or "Terrific Improvement" type of stuff

-Their fridge magnets are free very frequently (in batches of 25) I order them throughout the year to use in Christmas cards, but you could do, say a snowman, with "Happy Holidays from Ms. K" type of stuff at holiday time. I also ordered a set for Brian's class to use for Mother's Day, and have used them as favors for birthday parties.

-Their business cards are always free (for 250 of them). You could make up a card with your class rules or extra help hours on them--or put this info on one of the fridge magnets.

All you pay is shipping and handling-- it's such a bargain!
    Here's the link!

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/my_sales.aspx

3. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 10, 2006

Cool!

You know, maybe we should start a "freebies" forum for free stuff like this, websites with free worksheets, etc.

Hey Amanda... what do you think about that? It could be another sub-forum under teacher time out or something.

There would be this one, the one with the reading worksheets, the math one that Emily (clarnet) just posted, when POST-IT comes out with another good freebie like several of us got recently, etc.

Lori

4. VegasLibra

VegasLibra Companion

Jun 10, 2006

I ordered buisness cards from them a long time ago and I never got them, so now I'm a little leary about ordering from them. Has everyone esle received their orders?

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 10, 2006

I order about 8 or 10 times a year with no problem.. almost entirely "freebies".

Anyone else?

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 10, 2006

I just clicked on the link and see there is an offer for free business cards and rubber stamp but I'm having trouble figuring out how to order?

7. hernandoreading

hernandoreading Comrade

Jun 10, 2006

Free Business Cards

I ordered a set of the free business cards and they are set up as homework passes for my class. The kids love getting them, not just because it gets them out of one assignment, but because they look so classy.

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 10, 2006

I wonder why? Maybe start from scratch at their website and go to "specials"??

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 10, 2006

I've gone in both ways and can't 'enter text for front of document' (#1 on free business cards. Help?

10. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jun 10, 2006

Aliceacc, thank you SO much!! :) I just ordered a 'Please sign and return' stamp and business cards to use as Spelling Wizard cards for them to keep track of their Wizard Points. The students collect Wizard Points for excellence on their Spelling tests. Eight points to become a Wizard, and then every 8 points after that qualifies them for a free unit (work) pass. Thank you again! I can't wait to receive them and to see what the next specials will be!!! :D

Was just thinking....couldn't make the business cards-250 of them!-for what the shipping and handling cost me on these free ones!!

Quick question: Are these a one-time limited offer, or can you design another set and order those as well?? :)

11. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jun 10, 2006

Czacza, did you get it to work? Don't know if I can help, but I just did mine. I had to play around with the wording and all to make it fit just right, and then as I tried out different designs, I had to go back and redo some of the words. Hope by now that it worked for you!! But if it didn't and I could try to help, please let me know. :)

12. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 10, 2006

They run specials every few weeks. Get on their mailing list and they'll let you know. The fridge magnets are free at least once a month! So I just find some I like (say, to put into the Christmas cards) and order a few times. The shipping and handling does add up, but all in all, I still think it's an incredible bargain!

And they really don't rush the shipping-- probably particularly for the freebies:sorry: But you should get them eventually!

13. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jun 10, 2006

I never thought to order from them for teacher stuff though I have seen the freebie stuff. Great idea and thanks!!

14. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Jun 10, 2006

I think I'm going to order a stamp that says Mrs. S says: Show your work to get full credit.

Any other ideas?

Vistaprint is part of mypoints.com point system. When you order from them you get points that can be redeemed for gift cards and other stuff I wind up getting a 25$ gift card eery 5 months or so for doing stuff I'd do anyways.

Alicia :)

15. SmartCookie

SmartCookie Comrade

Jun 10, 2006

I ordered free business cards to help me with my donation seeking that I do for my classroom. This last school year I raised $3000 for my inner city classroom. I also ordered a stamp.....
    Incomplete / Incompleto
    Please Sign and Return
    Por Favor Firme y Regrese

16. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 11, 2006

OK- here's what I'm doing:
    I go to:
    www.vistaprint.com

Then I click on Free business cards

When I get to the business card page it says "#1: Enter test for front of document" but it has no fromat for entering the info. Nothing happens if I click on #1, I entered my email on the email request right below #1 but that takes me nowhere. I have no trouble with the rubber stamp page but the business card is kicking my butt. What am I doing wrong?

17. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Jun 11, 2006

Anyone else know of anything free you can get, from anywhere? Especially if the place has free shipping...

18. MorahMe

MorahMe Habitué

Jun 11, 2006

wait a few seconds, and scroll down a little. The place to enter text should appear on the left side of the screen.

19. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 11, 2006

I have no idea. I just clicked the link in your post, and it gave me lines to fill out-- business name, phone number, etc.

Maybe call customer service? They have an 800 number.

20. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jun 11, 2006

I ordered business cards last summer with my school information and I pass them out to parents at back to school night and to other education people that I meet. They've really come in handy!

And I just got a rubber stamp with my new condo address. I love this place!

21. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jun 11, 2006

Leighbball, great idea! I am going to do that, too! I am thinking that I could add my class website address to it, also. Thanks! :) Congrats on your new condo!! How exciting!

Czacza, any luck, yet? Hope so! Sounds like you are doing everything right. I tried your link, too, and everything worked. I am no help to you, but I am hoping that it stops 'picking on you' and works for you soon! :angel:

22. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 11, 2006

Is the shipping high?

23. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jun 11, 2006

Mine was around $5, but you had to pay it on each item. I got both the stamp and the business cards. My total was $9.95. I am not so sure that the stamp was a great deal, but I have never ordered a customized one before.....??? I think the cards definitely were a good deal. It would cost close to $20, I think, if a person was going to buy the Avery Business Cards kit and then add in the cost of your ink and labor. Guess, if you used coverstock and then cut them apart, that would be cheaper, though. :) (You get 250 cards.)

24. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Jun 11, 2006

This is great! I am going to order right now. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Jun 11, 2006

I just ordered the business cards. I picked the one that has the kids drawing of the house. This is what I put on it -

Mrs. R
    says

had a great day today!

I am going to pass them out for good behavior! It cost 5.25 for shipping and handling and will be here in 21 days. I think I'll order the stamp now. I might put on that something like:

Mrs. R says "great job!" or something like that.

26. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jun 11, 2006

Cover stock or card stock and cutting is LOTS cheaper.

27. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jun 11, 2006

Guess, I knew that. :eek: :) BUT these are sure cute, and were fun and easy to do! :)

28. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 13, 2006

OK- for some reason I can't do the cards from aol.com although I can do the rubber stamp. I can design my card on internet explorer though, so I'll do that. :) Thanks for the suggestions!! I got help from the 1-800 number!! Now just what card to choose- I'm thinking sunflower!!

29. nyteacher01

nyteacher01 Companion

Jun 13, 2006

This is a great idea. I want to order, but not sure what to put on the business cards. On the stamp, I will put "This book belongs to Mrs. D" for my personal library. Any other ideas for the cards?

30. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 13, 2006

How about "one terrific student" type stuff to use as positive reinforcement?

Or use them as bookmarks in conjunction with a reading program?

31. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jun 13, 2006

Glad you got it to work! :) I almost chose the sunflower, too, but I decided on the handprints one. After I ordered my initial stamp and set of business cards, I received an e-mail about other specials. Using the same theme, I ordered business cards again (250 count)updated to a glossy finish for free, a free notebook(50 pages), free brochures (25 count), and address labels (140 ct.), all for $7 something!

You can also get free postcards, 100 smaller ones or 50 large ones. I used the same theme and made back to school postcards-the smaller ones. Those however have a catch: they are free on the front, but the back side only comes in the color option and adds $9.99! Didn't realize that until I went to check out. Don't think I will be getting those after all!! :rolleyes: But the rest is a great deal-this time they combined shipping instead of adding it all separately which really helped.:)

32. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 13, 2006

Check the next time you order. Sometimes they have the color option checked, but a free blank one is there as well, you just have to look for it.

I got burnt once or twice in the beginning, but now I'm pretty good at getting the freebies!

And they send you those e-mails all the time; there's always a special on something

33. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jun 13, 2006

Thanks for sharing this site!! I think a freebie/bargin area would be a great idea.

34. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2006

We should definitely have a freebie forum -- in general ed, maybe?

35. historyteacher

historyteacher Companion

Jun 13, 2006

This is great! I can't wait to order something. Thanks.

36. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jun 13, 2006

Okay, I broke down and got my free rubber stamp and business cards. My cards says name has been caught "bee"ing a hard worker during class on date . "Bee"tiful job! Love Ms.________ BZZZZzzzzzz. I think they turned out quite cute. I chose the sunflower design and I am going to put a little bee sticker on the flower.

I have a honey container in my class where the students will put their card and at the end of the week I will choose a name and that student will win a prize. Everyone will then take their cards home. I only have 4 students in my self-contained class so far and I will most likely have to make up my own cards later on. Maybe I will color scan one of these cards for when I run out....

37. Dalrose

Dalrose Rookie

Jun 13, 2006

Donations?

How do you do donation seeking? I am a first year teacher and I am also wishing to get doantions for my school. We couldn't even afford a field trip this year. Any suggestins will help!

38. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

Jun 13, 2006

very cute idea! :)

39. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jun 13, 2006

We had one self-contained class in our county where one of its' parents had a golf tournament for children with disabilities. They raised tons of money and donated $5000 to the classroom.

40. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jun 13, 2006

proud2bateacher,
    I really like your idea with the business cards. The honeypot idea is cute.

41. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jun 13, 2006

It sure is, to BEE quite frank! :D It really is!! What a great idea for some positive reinforcement!! :angel: