Vistaprint banner dilema

Discussion in 'General Education' started by yearroundteach, Aug 14, 2011.

1. yearroundteach

yearroundteach Companion

Aug 14, 2011

Vistaprint banner dilemma

I was directed to a link about a behavior management system in another thread where students "clip" up and down on a chart. All students start in the middle on "Ready to Learn" and their behavior can cause them to move their clip up and down. Whoever showed me this mentioned that they made one as a banner on Vistaprint.

Anyway, I made it yesterday and uploaded it to Vistaprint. I used their downloaded template and the correct dimensions in photoshop. The problem is there is a little thing that looks like a barcode on the bottom right of my banner. It there before I upload my image and then seems to "override" (for lake of a better word) my image and stays there. I've never had this problem with any of the other things I've made (cards, labels, business cards, envelopes, etc.) and was wondering if this is something they put on their banners. Does it print this way? I'll call Vistaprint tomorrow but in the meantime I thought I would ask the Vistaprint experts...have you made a banner? Did it show the little barcode thing at the bottom of your preview? And if it did show it, did it print that way? Thanks for any help you can give!

3. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Aug 14, 2011

That barcode is something VP puts on there, and yes, it will print on your banner. It is very small, however. It's also on their posters.

4. yearroundteach

yearroundteach Companion

Aug 14, 2011

Thank you for the reply. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was doing wrong or could avoid. I have printed posters in the past and it isn't on them but maybe it is something that has changed since I've last used Vistaprint....it has been awhile. Thanks again.

5. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Aug 15, 2011

I just got my banner the other day and yes, there's a tiny barcode on it.

6. yearroundteach

yearroundteach Companion

Aug 15, 2011

I just got off the phone with Vistaprint and they said that banners are the only product that have the barcode, it is for tracking purposes, and it can't be removed. I know it isn't a big deal, it just kind of takes away from the clean design for me. So when you say it is a "small" barcode, do you mean it is small compared to the size of other barcodes or small like hardly noticeable small? I will probably end up ordering it no matter what...I was just curious.

7. MissT34

MissT34 Companion

Aug 15, 2011

I just received mine about an hour ago! I saw the barcode on the preview, and yes it is printed on the banner. Its not noticable though. The banner comes out awesome. Kudos to the creator (I can't remember who it was!)